Think the neighbors are pissed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened

This is how the story goes. Each night I will grab one of my lights of choice and head out into the dark. We live in a small residential area. Well last night is no differant from another , UNTILL.

I am proceding with my normal flashahalic behavior shining my beam at trees scanning the local area. There is this one fence about 100 yard away that is one of my target points.

Well after flashing my beam at this fence, over the top is a flashlight pointing back at me :devil:

It goes off, I take my light and shine it in that general direction briefly , turn it off and once again I am lit up.

Now I know the house, a young couple live there. I guess my light penetrates the fence and they gave me a taste of my own "light" :sssh:

SOOO Tonight I have some plans. The Catapult V2 is charged up and ready to go. :naughty:

Will start with one of my small pocket rockets. When and if I have a beam returned, on goes the SST 50 :sssh:

Well are they mad, or just playing with me ?

Anyway, seems like some fun ahead this evening when the sun retreats for the day. :devil:

flame2000

Enlightened

Well after flashing my beam at this fence, over the top is a flashlight pointing back at me :devil:

It goes off, I take my light and shine it in that general direction briefly , turn it off and once again I am lit up.

Careful.....your neighbor might be pointing this :xyxgun: with a flashlight mounted at you! :crackup:

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
Folks. If the young gent wants to be a true flashahalic he needs to ditch the incandescent flashlight he is using. It appeared to be one of those large reflector types. If I had to bet on it probably took one of the LARGE square 6V battery's. :laughing:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go and talk with him. I doubt he is pissed unless you were lighting the entire house up with... oh wait, that's what you are planning for tonight. He is probably a budding flashlight enthusiest who simply needs to be enlightened, and curious about why the house gets lit every night.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
when they are clever, they will use a mirror,
so You are "outshined" whatever You use
;)

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
If it is another flashaholic perhaps you could start communicating in Morse code. Fun and conversational.

edcarc

Newly Enlightened
If I was was in my yard and someone beamed a light through, it would raise my alert level a little. I would ignore it after evaluation, but everytime this would happen my alert level would still rise a little. I guess your neighbour is just responding that he/she doesn't like this little intrusion.

Nothing major, but out of courtesy I would explain your hobby to your neighbour if the opportunity arose.

As someone said earlier, I would concur: flash responsibly.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I was reading through this thread I was thinking, why don't you just go and introduce yourself and explain what you are doing? You just might make a new friend instead of creating friction with your neighbors that could be hard to repair. I was gonna' post my thoughts about this but I see that Hogo beat me to it and so I would just like to add my vote to his sentiments. I think if somebody was lighting up my house on a regular basis it might make me paranoid as well as pissed.

This reminds my of an experience I had several years ago. You just never know what neighbors will think when they see your lights even if you don't **** them off. I live in a rural area at least a third to a half a mile away from my nearest neighbors so I can usually "test" my lights out to my hearts content on my 30 acre property without worrying about bothering anyone. I live halfway up a small mountain in hilly terrain and so it isolates all the houses even more than if we all lived on flat terrain. I was playing around with one of those 10,000,000 candle power searchlights I had recently purchased and was having great fun shooting it into the sky and bouncing the beam off of a low cloud cover and generally lighting up the woods 500 or more yards away from my deck. Then maybe a week later I went to a local barbecue party and one of my neighbors was all exited by the UFO sighting near our properties and the strange "lights in the sky". I asked when this occurred and had to laugh when I realized she probably just saw my beam hitting the clouds. I tried to explain that it was probably just me and my flashlight but she didn't believe me. Well, I may have freaked her out but at least I didn't **** her off.

Last edited:

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
As I was reading through this thread I was thinking, why don't you just go and introduce yourself and explain what you are doing? You just might make a new friend instead of creating friction with your neighbors that could be hard to repair. I was gonna' post my thoughts about this but I see that Hogo beat me to it and so I would just like to add my vote to his sentiments. I think if somebody was lighting up my house on a regular basis it might make me paranoid as well as pissed.

This reminds my of an experience I had several years ago. You just never know what neighbors will think when they see your lights even if you don't **** them off. I live in a rural area at least a third to a half a mile away from my nearest neighbors so I can usually "test" my lights out to my hearts content on my 30 acre property without worrying about bothering anyone. I live halfway up a small mountain in hilly terrain and so it isolates all the houses even more than if we all lived on flat terrain. I was playing around with one of those 10,000,000 candle power searchlights I had recently purchased and was having great fun shooting it into the sky and bouncing the beam off of a low cloud cover and generally lighting up the woods 600 or more yards away from my deck. Then maybe a week later I went to a local barbecue party and one of my neighbors was all exited by the UFO sighting near our properties and the strange "lights in the sky". I asked when this occurred and had to laugh when I realized she probably just saw my beam hitting the clouds. I tried to explain that it was probably just me and my flashlight but she didn't believe me. Well, I may have freaked her out but at least I didn't **** her off.
Agreed. I intend to pay a visit next time they are home. Did not mean to create static, it's not the whole house that is even near me, but a small back boor that has a window. Will gather up a handful of lights and head over to explain my "fetish" :huh: :devil:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. I intend to pay a visit next time they are home. Did not mean to create static, it's not the whole house that is even near me, but a small back boor that has a window. Will gather up a handful of lights and head over to explain my "fetish" :huh: :devil:

Cool flashmenow! Let us know what happens.

busseguy

Enlightened

This is how the story goes. Each night I will grab one of my lights of choice and head out into the dark. We live in a small residential area. Well last night is no differant from another , UNTILL.

I am proceding with my normal flashahalic behavior shining my beam at trees scanning the local area. There is this one fence about 100 yard away that is one of my target points.

Now I know the house, a young couple live there. I guess my light penetrates the fence and they gave me a taste of my own "light" :sssh:

SOOO Tonight I have some plans. The Catapult V2 is charged up and ready to go. :naughty:

Will start with one of my small pocket rockets. When and if I have a beam returned, on goes the SST 50 :sssh:

Well are they mad, or just playing with me ?

Anyway, seems like some fun ahead this evening when the sun retreats for the day. :devil:

No there not playing with you, Your irritating them. Go find somewhere else to test your lights, and have respect for your neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.