Olight SR51 vs M3X

MTL-TL

Newly Enlightened
I would say go for the olight SR51. watch these
M3X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASH0WXioYe8

SR50 (SR51 not done yet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFpGKzpOmMg

from watching those I would choose the SR51 as the SR50 is insane and the SR51 will be better.

In this video, M3X is much brighter than SR50. And in the comparison video by goingear between 50 n the 51, the SR50 appeared to have a tighter n more defined beam than the SR51. Thats why I can't pull the trigger on any of these. Cant post the link here, typing on my iphone but u can easily find it on youtube.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this video, M3X is much brighter than SR50. And in the comparison video by goingear between 50 n the 51, the SR50 appeared to have a tighter n more defined beam than the SR51. Thats why I can't pull the trigger on any of these. Cant post the link here, typing on my iphone but u can easily find it on youtube.

Gotta agree with you on the 50 Vs 51, 50 is a better beam - but 51 is cheaper.

MTL-TL

Newly Enlightened
Gotta agree with you on the 50 Vs 51, 50 is a better beam - but 51 is cheaper.

I just pulled the trigger on the 51 in the hope that they will some day release a smooth reflector for it. It should then beat the 50 n M3X with no problem.

goose2283

Newly Enlightened
My SR51 arrived yesterday, and I'm very happy with it. I love the form factor of the side-by-side 2x18650 lights. Build quality is excellent. The beam has a funky pattern to the corona, which I attribute to the OP reflector. That's only visible when hunting the great white wall; outdoors, the beam throws a terrific distance with a tight, bright hotspot.

I used to own a Catapult V2 XM-L. I'll be doing a comparison with its new owner shortly, and we'll post beamshots.

One final thought I'd like to mention: The tint is quite nice. I'm not usually a fan of cool white, but I can't detect any blue in the SR51's beam at all. On low mode, the corona takes on a very faint green tinge, which seems to be quite common with cool-tinted XM-Ls. The Cat XM-L (cool) does this too, although my Spark SL6 and ST6 lights do not (they're neutral tint).

As for M3X vs SR51, I can't offer an opinion, as I've never handled the M3X. I heartily recommend the SR51 on its own merits!

MTL-TL

Newly Enlightened
My SR51 arrived yesterday, and I'm very happy with it. I love the form factor of the side-by-side 2x18650 lights. Build quality is excellent. The beam has a funky pattern to the corona, which I attribute to the OP reflector. That's only visible when hunting the great white wall; outdoors, the beam throws a terrific distance with a tight, bright hotspot.

I used to own a Catapult V2 XM-L. I'll be doing a comparison with its new owner shortly, and we'll post beamshots.

One final thought I'd like to mention: The tint is quite nice. I'm not usually a fan of cool white, but I can't detect any blue in the SR51's beam at all. On low mode, the corona takes on a very faint green tinge, which seems to be quite common with cool-tinted XM-Ls. The Cat XM-L (cool) does this too, although my Spark SL6 and ST6 lights do not (they're neutral tint).

As for M3X vs SR51, I can't offer an opinion, as I've never handled the M3X. I heartily recommend the SR51 on its own merits!

Congrats on the new acquisition. Mine is in transit, can't wait till it gets in my hands. I hope it will make me forget my Jetbeam RRT-1.