Maglite XL100 /w Energizer Lithiums?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings from Sub-Saharan Texas

Is anyone running a Maglite XL100 using Energizer Lithium cells? And if so, was it damaged?

chiphead

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how it would damage it. Energizer lithiums put out 1.5 volts just as standard batteries do. I would not use 10440s

Energizer lithiums put out 1.7 to 1.8 volts on average, they put 1.5 volts on the package to avoid confusion for buyers.

JNieporte

Enlightened
I use Energizer Lithiums (the ones advertised as lasting 8X longer) in all of my AA / AAA lights, including the XL50 and XL100. No problems.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I use the Engergizer Ultimate Lithiums in my XL50. No issues whatsoever. Somewhere I read/heard that even though the voltage is around 1.78 unloaded, it drops to a level consistent with alkalines when put under a load; therefore, the initial voltage is a non-issue. And that the lithiums will stay flatter at the loaded voltage longer than an alkaline. Plus it's nice that the lithiums are about 1/3 lighter! Does anyone else concur?

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I also run the Ultimate Lithiums in my XL100 because they are lighter. I have not noticed any problems whatsoever. All the modes seem to still work properly.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only used EA92's in my XL-series lights for testing because the standby drain becomes costly with lithiums. I imagine that the XL200 will benefit even more from lithiums because it draws about 900mA, but most of the time I use NiMH because it's cheap.

Latest posts