Titanium Innovations Illuminati Warranty?

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Hi all,
My Titanium Innovations IlluminaTi gave out on me and I was wondering if there is a service center in the US that I could send it to? I've had over a year now, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be surprised if Matt K couldn't help out in some fashion. They are pretty good folks over at Battery Junction.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I sent them an email. What is a rugged replacement (current production only) in a natural (non-anodized) color, that uses AAA or rechargeable batteries? I loved this light and thought it was the ultimate, but unfortunately it didn't stand up to non-abusive EDC on my keyring. Any suggestions?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the most rugged AAA production lights you find at the moment is the Peak Eiger, which can be found here:
http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Eiger.html

The Peak lights are all potted (electronics are encased in a special epoxy to guard against shock and moisture) so they are very rugged and come with a lifetime warranty.

It can be ordered in either a single level model (available in various brightnesses), or the QTC model which allows infinitely variable level adjustment, from barely on to very bright if you use a lithium-ion 10440 cell. It will also run with alkaline or NiMh cells, but not quite as bright.

And, because they use optics instead of a reflector you can choose from 3 different beam types, narrow, medium, or wide.

You can also pick from HA III black aluminum, stainless steel, or brass bodies.

And yes, there is even another body option to consider :)......... you can choose from a pocket body (the shortest with no lug or keyring attachment point), lug body (a fixed lug and the next shortest), or the keyring (which uses a removable keyring attachment on the end allowing it to tailstand, and it's the longest body).

When you click on the page you'll notice a small box at the top in the middle that says "On Line Support". If it says "On-line", then you can click that and chat with Bob (the owner) and he can help you select the right model.

I think you'd be happy with Eiger QTC SS Key.

If the Peak is a bit to expensive, you might consider the Fenix E05, another CPF favorite single level AAA light which has proven quite reliable.

Another alternative would be the 4 Sevens Preon Revo with the stainless steel body. An excellent little light with 3 levels and a beautifully machined body. The Revo has a 10 year warranty.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Thank you Derek! Very good information. I'm not fond of the Fenix E05 due to the way it looks after carrying on the keys for a while. I just hate the way the black hard anodizing gets all scratched up. It's weird but I like the non-hard anodizing better in that it looks better with wear. I think I will check out the Peak lights. They sound bulletproof.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious, which beam pattern did you choose.... narrow, medium, or wide? I'd like to hear your impressions when you've had a chance to play with...... I mean..... use it for a while :).

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I'm curious, which beam pattern did you choose.... narrow, medium, or wide? I'd like to hear your impressions when you've had a chance to play with...... I mean..... use it for a while :).

I specified the narrow, but told Bob to inspect it well and since they had only one of these I would accept the medium if any issues were found.
I also got the 10440 batteries/charger they sell on their sight. I will be carrying this light in my pocket, and hope the 10440 will be safe for pocket carry. Any thoughts on using the 10440s? Do you guys trust the 10440 cells enough for pocket carry?
I chose narrow because I want as much throw as possible, and I'm thinking that maybe this would put the most light in the smallest area.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been pocket carrying a 10440 light for several years, and the main thing you need to be concerned with is keeping the cell from over discharging.

I've read of other CPF members using their 10440 lights until they begin dimming, then recharging, but I think a safer method is to simply keep your 10440 cells topped off with frequent charging. That's actually one of the beauties of lithium-ion technology, the cells "enjoy" being topped off frequently rather than run down.

This is what I routinely do with all my lithium-ion powered lights. I have two batteries per light, and once or twice a week I rotate my cells, installing a fresh cell and then recharging the old one, that way I always have a fully charged battery, and the two batteries are used equally and always "happy".