Anyone received a TK41 RECENTLY?

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I was going to buy one when they first came out, but some of the threads I read kind of put me off (Mis-centred emitters, bad tints, flaky switches.)

Has anything changed at all recently? No offense, but I am not trying to solicit responses from people who bought one initially and had good results. I only need to know if things have improved!

Last edited:

aimxplode

Enlightened
Mine arrived early last week. So far everythings good, both switches are flawless, emitter is centered, tint is ok. This thing throws like a beast.

burpee

Newly Enlightened
I got a TK41 about two months ago from Light Junction. Mine has no button issues after many hours of use. The emitter appears perfectly centered. However, compared to XM-L emitters used in my Jet beam and Solarforce the TK41 seems slightly green.

As far as I know they are supposed to be identical emitters -but of course I have heard there are different production runs............

aimxplode

Enlightened
I got a TK41 about two months ago from Light Junction. Mine has no button issues after many hours of use. The emitter appears perfectly centered. However, compared to XM-L emitters used in my Jet beam and Solarforce the TK41 seems slightly green.

As far as I know they are supposed to be identical emitters -but of course I have heard there are different production runs............

My TK41 is far from green. The center looks pure white, and the spill has a purplish hue on Turbo.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I got a bc40 instead. Tint is perfect but tk41 will out-throw it.

g.p.

Enlightened
Got mine about two months ago and it's still perfect. The tint on mine is little yellow if anything...

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine on Tuesday. It's got a perfect white tint, perfectly centered emitter and the switches work (so far). It's one of those lights that make you smile when you turn it on turbo mode. I also have a TK60 and it has a slightly creamy tint and an ever so slightly tighter hotspot.

The TK41 is for the car. It's fitted with some eneloops and there's an 8 pack of energizer lithium's as backup. The TK60 is for walking the dog, for it's umm....security properties.

brandocommando

Enlightened
My TK41 just arrived today (from GG.) The LED is centered very well. The on/off button has a little bit softer of a click than the mode switch, but they both work perfectly. The reflector pretty good, there are 2 small bumps and there are some very, very minor "rings" present but you can just barely see them. The tint is very good and has ZERO green in it. It is almost an exact match to my 6000K 1D tint Nailbender XM-L module. I am very happy with it overall, it's got a major tight hotspot and I can't wait for it to get dark!
There was 1 tiny spot of anno missing on the tailcap, but it is no big deal. I plan on using this light alot.

(I did put in a request to GG when I placed my order that I get one with no green tint, but I don't know if they actually checked it or not.)

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using mine for a week now (three night walks with dog and playing around in a park) and it works fine and I just love to use it. The shorter length (compared to the TK60) makes it an ideal backpacking light. Though I still prefer the length of the TK60 for security purposes when walking the dog.

I don't expect anyone buying the TK41 for throw will be disappointed. The thing throws like a madman! I mean, it really does put a lot of light a long way, I can actually see what it is making noises 200m away. Makes a TK40 look like an impotent, old man.

Last edited:

apfevervictim

Newly Enlightened
Jash,
Does the TK60 out throw the TK41? I see a couple of posts back you said it seems to have a tighter hotspot... I'm trying to decide between the TK41, TK60 and Jetbeam BC40 based on which has the best throw. Seems like the 2 fenix's have the better throw (at almost twice the price) over the BC40, but can't decide between those 2.
Thanks,

amraspalantir

Newly Enlightened
got my tk41 a few days ago and just tested it with new eneloops.
got that greenish tint but atleast the switches and reflector's fine,no donut hole and the led
centered. the greenish tint isnt noticable once used outdoors.
throws great but has that battery rattle just like my tk40.
will be looking into some o-rings to fix that.

Last edited:

SaVaGe

Enlightened
I was going to buy one when they first came out, but some of the threads I read kind of put me off (Mis-centred emitters, bad tints, flaky switches.)

Has anything changed at all recently? No offense, but I am not trying to solicit responses from people who bought one initially and had good results. I only need to know if things have improved!

Thanks for asking this. I also wanted to know.

Samy

Enlightened
Mine arrived 2 months ago. It has a slightly green tint indoors but not noticeable outside. No artifacts that I can notice, switches are great. It has a dab of glue on the reflector and the led is not perfectly centered, not that it matters. It throws like a beast. I have put 1 roll of folded A4 paper around the battery holder to eliminate the rattle. I will keep this beast forever!

Cheers

mmace1

Enlightened
About 2 months ago. LED not perfectly centered but not bad. No beam artifacts. The beam has a yellow-green-ish tint. On low it's more green, on high it's more yellow. I don't mind it at all. I hadn't actually realized there was any tint at all, until white-wall-comparing it to my Quark 2xAA mini. The switches have had no problems.

Whatever tint mine has...I kinda like it, actually. Whatever it is, it's warmer than my other LEDs.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 2 months ago. LED not perfectly centered but not bad. No beam artifacts. The beam has a yellow-green-ish tint. On low it's more green, on high it's more yellow. I don't mind it at all. I hadn't actually realized there was any tint at all, until white-wall-comparing it to my Quark 2xAA mini. The switches have had no problems.

Whatever tint mine has...I kinda like it, actually. Whatever it is, it's warmer than my other LEDs.

I think the tint does not always the most important(even if a warm good tint in my opinion is to prefer). At a white wall you can notice some tint issues, but what is the important is how the light is perceived in the practical use. Most often it will not be to shine up white walls! It's a bit the same with beam smoothness; out in the field some artifacts usually isn't an issue at all.

Last edited:

newmont91

Newly Enlightened
Hi

A complete noob here. What does it meant by TK41 has a green tint? Does it mean green light come out? How do I check in the store? I am buying one soon and hope I can avoid as such.

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi

A complete noob here. What does it meant by TK41 has a green tint? Does it mean green light come out? How do I check in the store? I am buying one soon and hope I can avoid as such.
If you shine the light on a white wall, you can see a greenish colour. If you want to buy one, ask at the store, if you can try it first. Than you can check if it has some green in it.

Samy

Enlightened
The TK-41 is not designed for indoor use so when used outdoors the green tint is not an issue. Only those who take fascination with pointing lights at walls seem to mind the tint ;) The TK-41 does make a great tailstanding ceiling bounce light on high ;) Lights up the whole house ;) Great for power blackouts

cheers

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

I don't think that you have too much to worry about... there were, when high powered LED's were first hitting the scene some pretty nasty tints to the white LED's. Today's LED's are worlds better in both output and tint and O don't think that there are too many tints that would be unacceptable for your use.

I would urge you to make your purchase and enjoy this great light... if you have not purchased a higher performing modern LED light, you are in for a real treat.

My opinion is that today's complaints about tint and donut holes are over-done... not trying to invalidate folks experience, just trying to add my perspective:)