Nothing says 'I love you' like a remote trojan ...

Tomas

Banned
Nothing says \'I love you\' like a remote trojan ...

A company called Lover Spy is pitching software which for $89 (installable on up to 5 computers) you can send a greeting card email, which when opened contacts the Lover Spy servers and downloads a trojan to their computer. It allows the sender to view the email, passwords and even open a remote connection to the computer.

View the article on this at Ars Technica.

T_sig6.gif

doubleganger

Enlightened
Re: Nothing says \'I love you\' like a remote trojan ...

Thanks for the 'heads up', Thomas.
This is yet another reason to not want to get an e-card. The other is of course that the sender is just giving your email address to someone who you'd probably rather not have it.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

The internet is a "No Man's Land" for sure. Keep your powder dry and wear body armor.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`ve been spammed about this one recently. It`s just plain wrong. I hope the Feds shut these scumbags down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I don`t know...../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I had to spend a fair few hours today putting right a co-worker`s laptop that got nobbled by Swen - obviously he opened what looked like a legit e-mail from microshaft and wasn`t to know any better. Didn`t have an updated AV program either cos it had expired and just fell by the wayside. But I left it with AVG, Zonealarm and also Spybot/Adaware for good measure (downloading all those over a slow dialup was what took the most time - thank f*** for Symantec`s remove tools). Found 77 items of spyware on there too!

If I ever take over the world I`ll go on a crusade to round up every last virus, spyware and worm writer and have them publically executed in painful fashion. Probably with some sort of nerve-agent so they`ll perish in the same way that the millions of computers they f***ed up did. Or is that being too lenient? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Is it me? Or is the world just totally mad these days......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nothing says \'I love you\' like a remote trojan

I run Norton Internet Security. It reports that I get attempted intrusions from Trojan Horses about 3 times per week. The most recent was from aol.com, although I do no business with them.

Paul

doubleganger

Enlightened

I've thought it would be fun to write some fake virus authoring tools that contained a particularly nasty surprise payload. Give them a little of their own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure what it is lately...never used to get a virus, darn things keep popping up all the time now...thank goodness for AVG is all I can say.

Though I'm sure something's not right..."Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" for some reason has started showing up twice in ZoneAlarm, and about the same time that started happening, my net access has been flaky to say the least (keep losing touch with the DNS servers), nothing shows up through AVG, Adaware or anything else I could think of.

V-Sign and Sigalit PT still appear here sometimes! Must be on one of my old laptops or one of my Win3.1 software disks! But given that I always install the AV software first, never seems to cause any trouble...should really try to track it down though.