Pretty impressed- new DQG II (tiny)

mrlysle

Enlightened
Hi all. Just recieved a new warm DQG II today. WOW! It's just hard to believe how small this thing really is until yo have it in your hand! I think it's fair to say most folks here are familiar with the little Fenix LD01. When I got mine, I thought, wow, this is such a nice, and tiny light. Well, let me tell ya'. Compared to the DQG II, It's HUGE! Overall, I'd have to say, so far, I'm pretty impressed with this little thing. On my sample, fit and finish are super. 304 stainless with some extremely fine knurling work. Forum member ergotelis did a nice review on this back in June, so another review is not my intent here, as he did a fine one. Just wanted to share my thoughts and post a few pics of it. I got the warm, R4 version. Will it last? Who knows. I hope it does, just because it's so flippin' cool! It's funny, but honestly, even the photos don't do it justice. It's just incredibly small! Oh, and it works like most twisties. Tighten the head, and it comes on low. Twist off, then back on quickly, and it's on high. Simple, and as bright as you would expect from AAA eneloop, which is what I have in it. With the head loose enough not to worry about accidental turn on, (I just make sure the 0-ring is covered) there is battery rattle. No biggie IMO. Ok, here's some pics.

DSCN7420.JPG

DSCN7432.JPG

DSCN7430.JPG

DSCN7431.JPG

DSCN7429.JPG

DSCN7425.JPG

For the price, it's just hard to beat this little light! :)

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is on my "watch" list. It seems like a great little light for the price. Do you find the stainless heavy?

mrlysle

Enlightened
This light is on my "watch" list. It seems like a great little light for the price. Do you find the stainless heavy?

Not this one tre! Even with an eneloop in it, it's still pretty light. I mean, it feels really solid, but it's just so small. If that makes any sense. lol

beerwax

Enlightened
i luv dqg. its such a good size. the weight is insignificant. the beam is good. the ui is nice and simple. with these qualities it has displaced all of my more expensive and higher quality lights from my pocket. for now . cheers.