Brightest light configuration for Fenix headband?

gooseman

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a Fenix headband for trail running with great success for several years now. It works great in the Arizona summer because running two lights at half brightness keeps them pretty cool (over one on full brightness), and I find flashlights tend to dissipate heat better than most headlamps I've seen.

Plus, if you actually use the lights for other purposes, its great value.

Currently, I am using an EagleTac P100C2 (XP-E) and a Fenix PD30 (XR-E). This setup was (and still is) pretty amazing for its time, but I would guess with the latest crop of lights there are other great configurations.

I prefer to have one side floody (PD30) and one side throwy (P100C2).

The clamps can take a light with a maximum diameter of 22mm. I was wondering, with the newest generation of lights, and given the limitation on diameter (max 22mm) what would be a good configuration?

Thanks

Last edited:

yliu

Enlightened
JetBeam BC20 or BC10, although I don't know if they will fit in the headband but they are not much larger than a PD20.

Otherwise Quark123 will fit, and PD31 should fit as well while giving you more output.

Shooter21

Enlightened
i love the head band from fenix if only it could have larger clamps it would be awesome. id say the thrunite neutron would be awesome since you get a ton of lumens from those 14500 cells but i dont know if it would fit in the head band.