Is this a good trade for me

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
My friend has agreed to trade his SF 6P for my Q mini AA2. He's not into flashlights like I am and doesn't like using 123 cells. He also doesn't like the short battery life. I already have a 4 sevens light and the mini never gets used. However, I do not have a SF yet.

Overall it seems like a win-win. I wanted to see if CPF thought this was a square deal.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, that's a good trade. You will have a whole host of options to choose from when deciding which dropin you want to go with, if you go that route. Plus you will have one of the most versatile, solid, simple designed lights out there currently. The 6P is a legend in this regard. What's powering it right now? Stock P60?

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
Pretty positive it's stock LED. I opened it up and he had two energizer lithium 123's that were just about spent. I had my Fenix PD31 in my pocket so I took out my cells and put them in the SF and it fired right up. I loved the feel of the 6p and realized I really wanted it...lol. Then I recalled that my Q mini AA2 wasn't getting any use and he needs a portable, bright light with a decent run time.

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add an A19 cell extender and drop in a malkoff and you'll have one hell of a light, or depending on what you wanna spend, add 2 A19 cell extenders and a malkoff M91, oh my my.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Sounds like your 47-2AA doesn't match your preferences and his 6PL does not match his.

Good trade for both of you IMHO.