October Specials at Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, cool. How much is shipping for a CPF special AAA (any more free shipping)? Ordinary mail is fine, Fedex not needed.

What characters can you laser engrave? Do you have punctuation marks like / (slash), : (colon), and @ (at)?
Those are needed for email addresses or url's.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Paulr.

The free shipping ended Oct 1st. We only ship via FedEx.

We can engrave any character that appears on a standard computer keyboard (standard ASCI).

Peter

rc

Newly Enlightened
Any idea when some LS seconds will be available again? I tried to order a couple last week but got a message that they were not available. I tried again today and the same thing.

Thanks.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Probally in about 45 days. Sorry. The supply of seconds will not be as regular now as it has been in the past. This is due to better and better manufacturing methods.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

This was from yesterday (10/1/03) from another post regarding the 14 satisfaction period for Arc seconds.
Mike

rc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, Mike. So much for the advantages of "better and better manufacturing methods"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

rickdm

Newly Enlightened
Peter, the specials are nice, but how about making a few more Arc AA's so I can order one? I knew sales were limited, but I did not think I had one day to order before the firsts would be sold out.

Thanks,
Rick

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Cyclops942 said:
I got a Factory Second Arc-AA, and I'm still trying to figure out what makes it a second, not a first. Sounds like I might want to order another one, if al the firsts are gone already!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to look very hard at the bottom of the light before you notice that there is a very slightly off color patch of anodizing. The seconds really are a great deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
You have to look very hard at the bottom of the light before you notice that there is a very slightly off color patch of anodizing. The seconds really are a great deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I finally see what the blemish is, but I still think I'll keep ordering the seconds. I ordered two more, anyway. Good thing, too, because I've already given one away. Go, Peter!

I ordered them on Sunday, they shipped on Monday (FedEx 3-day Express Saver), and I received them Tuesday. Now, how's that for exceeding expectations?

Mednanu

Enlightened
"Re: October Specials at Arc" - you can say that again - shipping is now down to just 5 bucks and 2AA tailpacks are only $ 9.95 ..... just bought me two at that price. Thanks for the great deals Peter !

:)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rickdm said:
Peter, the specials are nice, but how about making a few more Arc AA's so I can order one? I knew sales were limited, but I did not think I had one day to order before the firsts would be sold out.

Thanks,
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]The dealers are getting Arc-AA's right now. Order from one of them.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also picked a 2AA tailpack for $9.95 and I am VERY pleased! The pictures of the Arc head on this body don't do it justice. This is an excellent combination. Right now it hasn't found a nitch in my daily carry yet. I tend to play with it and switch back and forth. But the feel in your hand of this high quality light and the 2aa pack is just terrific!

richpalm

Banned
[ QUOTE ]

I ordered them on Sunday, they shipped on Monday (FedEx 3-day Express Saver), and I received them Tuesday. Now, how's that for exceeding expectations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy are you lucky! I ordered a LSHP first on Fri. Peter whooshed it right out the door. It has now been sitting 8 miles from the house at Fedex for the last 2 days because they *will not* release the package before the 3 days. That means I don't get it until the 29th. Jerks!!! Take a look:

Date/Time

Status

Comments

Oct 27, 2003 7:20 am

Package status

BUDD LAKE NJ

Package not due for delivery

7:20 am

Package status

BUDD LAKE NJ

Oct 25, 2003 10:03 am

Package status

BUDD LAKE NJ

10:01 am

Package status

BUDD LAKE NJ

Package in FedEx location

9:00 am

Arrived at FedEx Destination Location

BUDD LAKE NJ

8:03 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

8:03 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

6:37 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

5:21 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

4:12 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

3:03 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

2:07 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

1:13 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

Do you think I'm pissed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

3 day = NEVER AGAIN! Overnight & get it over. One thing I will pay for is speed.

I love my ARCS though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I completely deplore waiting for shipping.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I have never figured out why they [FEDEX] hold items some times and not others.

I wonder if you drove to the FEDEX facility, would they release it to you?

batterystation

Enlightened
I fired Fed-Up for that very crap. That is exactly what they did to me here. The tracking info would show on truck for delivery and I would get it THREE days later. CANNED!!! No more Fed-Up for me.

Here is a little something I learned during this process.
Fed-Ex ground is NOT employed by Fed-Ex. It is contracted out and the routes are bid on. They are NOT obligated to deliver squat if they do not want to! They do not live by the same rules as the air service.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rich,

That's VERY unusual from my experience. I get stuff from TW and Arc and NewEgg.com overnight all the time when shipped via express saver. I've gotten stuff delivered to Wayne and Metuchen the same way.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm learning thr same thing with FedEx. The regular FedEx does real good, but the FedEx Ground and FedEx Home, which are owned by fexed but operate seperate (used to be RPS) will hold stuff and not deliver it until the normal time. FedEx Home will not allow you to pick it up where FedEx three day saver will.

Status
Not open for further replies.