Major bummer!

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I was so excited...

I had decided to go ahead and purchase a Quark 123^2 Turbo X which promised to be my brightest light to date. As I am an Amazon Prime member I decided to purchase the light there. Fortunately the light was listed however it did state only two remained in stock. I quickly hit "Buy It Now One-Click Overnight" opting to take advantage of the $3.99 overnight shipping afforded to me by my "Prime" membership.

Today a package came. Odd, it seemed kind of small. Tentatively I opened the box. Inside was a Quark Mini AA2. Not only do I already have this light but it's half the price of the flashlight for which I was charged. Interestingly the bar-code read "Quark 1232 Turbo X", but the box I held in my hand clearly read "Q Mini AA2".

Amazon issued me a refund and I promptly surfed on over to 4Sevens and placed my order there. I won't get it over night, and I had to pay more (CPF CODES ARE FOR MEMBERS ONLY, DO NOT DISCLOSE CODES IN POSTS) but I did not want to wait for Amazon to restock it.

Has anyone else been excited for a light only to be dismayed when the wrong one arrived.

Code Removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Illum

Flashaholic
Well, when the mood is good and the morale is high there's usually more than one light coming in. Personally I never anticipated anything, when it comes, it comes. whatever will be will be. I've never used customer service for anything. Even though I worked long hours for that bit of cash I am never inclined to cause trouble for others. a $5000 flashlight is still a flashlight, a 24K toilet is still a toilet. Even after being here for this long I still haven't fully understand whats the fuss about.

Last edited:

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
Well, when the mood is good and the morale is high there's usually more than one light coming in. Personally I never anticipated anything, when it comes, it comes. whatever will be will be. I've never used customer service for anything. Even though I worked long hours for that bit of cash I am never inclined to cause trouble for others. a $5000 flashlight is still a flashlight, a 24K toilet is still a toilet. Even after being here for this long I still haven't fully understand whats the fuss about.

I don't like to cause trouble either. I won't even go back up to the counter at McD's if my fries are cold. But I got something completely different than what I ordered. I didn't make trouble for anyone, but I wasn't going to pay double for a light I already have.

However, I could definitely use more patience; and an instance like this causes me to reflect after I've gotten over the initial bummer. It is after all, as you pointed out, just a flashlight.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why I've never ordered a light from Amazon I worry they will send the wrong light, usually I only worry they will send a light with the wrong emitter, like sending a XP-G R5 instead of the S2 I ordered. Sorry about your luck but order from CPF dealers like you did to get the correct light.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have Amazon Prime and I love Amazon's customer service which has always been good to me, but I also like to support the smaller specialized shops that sell all the high-end cool stuff when I can.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I've never had a problem with Amazon, and they generally have good CS and offer refunds without question. Doesn't surprise me they quickly, without hastle refunded your purchase.

As others have mentioned though, if I were looking for a neutral tint or a specific flux BIN, I'd just buy it from 4-7.... unless it was a light like the TK25 or LD25 that are only made in neutral tints.

Regarding anticipation and disappointment... I have received opened and emptied boxes (3 out of 4 times) from Canada, as a victim of mail or customs fraud. The seller was my well loved and trusted (gear-geek) nephew. So I KNOW (beyond a doubt) it was foul play by either countries mail carrier or customs. I don't do international sales or trades as a result.

Now that I remember... my last DX purchase was an Ako-Ray RCR123 EDC light. They botched up the order and sent me a Nintendo DS accessory kit. The inventory clerk miss-typed the item number (off by one digit). I had to contact them for an RMA number. That took 4-5 days. Ship the wrong item to Orlando FL, that took another 4-5 days, and then add to it the usual 2-3 week delivery from China for the AkoRay light. Entire exchange took ~30 days + I was out $4 return shipping.

In defense of DX though I have bought 100s of things from them, and this is the first order they messed up... and they DID make it right, it just took forever.

Last edited:

saypat

Enlightened
I heard a knock at my front door. It was the man from U.P.S.!!! I had 3 lights arriving from China and was excited that at least one had arrived. I signed for it. When I read the return address, my heart sank. It was from Sandisk. They were replacing an SD Micro card that was defective. The wait for my lights continues, and continues. I'll probably just buy nationwide in the future.

I want a Quark MiniX...

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
The fuss is about getting what you paid for, too many people let things slide resulting in vendors caring less.

If everyone complained when they had a problem things would get done right the first time.

I used to say complaining about poor products or service was not a hill to die on.

No more, I complain long and hard about everything, but one person out of a thousand complaining is not going to change anything.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I have Amazon Prime and I love Amazon's customer service which has always been good to me, but I also like to support the smaller specialized shops that sell all the high-end cool stuff when I can.

I love Amazon and I know this wasn't a normal thing. They not only made it right as soon as possible, they gave me 10 off my next purchase. I may start buying lights straight from the dealer on a regular basis, but in all sincerity free two-day and 3.99 overnight shipping are hard to pass up. On the other hand, it may be good for me to wait. The less patience I have the easier it is for a mundane issue to become a major frustration.

Also, sorry about the code. I didn't know. (Though I'm sure there's a rule I neglected to read somewhere).

AaronG

Enlightened
Regarding anticipation and disappointment... I have received opened and emptied boxes (3 out of 4 times) from Canada, as a victim of mail or customs fraud. The seller was my well loved and trusted (gear-geek) nephew. So I KNOW (beyond a doubt) it was foul play by either countries mail carrier or customs. I don't do international sales or trades as a result.
QUOTE]

Wow that's brutal. I've had quite a few items shipped across the border and never had an issue. I haven't heard of these kinds of problems either. Did you report the thefts? The items weren't illegal were they? (In Canada or the US)

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Only light I purchased on amazon was from bugoutgear but the shipping from amazon was free and no taxes and no problems. ;) Currently waiting for my first true purchase from a CPFer, and XML EDC and the waiting while well worth it is killing me. No complaint, its an apples and oranges comparison.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Also, sorry about the code. I didn't know. (Though I'm sure there's a rule I neglected to read somewhere).

CPF discount codes are provided by the dealer to CPF members ONLY.

They had to put them in a members only thread in CPF MP after too many non members were visiting CPF, getting the codes & using them.

As Greta & her hard working Mod's don't want to have the dealers unhappy with CPF for allowing non member DC use, they moved the DC thread & now remove any instances posted in the open forums (open to non-member's).