Just got our toll free phone number working..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally broke down and spent the big bucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif on getting a toll free number. This should make it easier for you to call us and ask questions about Arc products, etc.

Here it is!

1-888-752-8554

You'll probally notice it is our local number with "1-888" added. Should make it easier for me to remember what it is..

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Peter Gransee
Now with a toll free number. I feel sooo cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BobG

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations. Don't forget to get a little sticker made up to slap onto the AAA packaging. Do you have business Cards?? One of my lights has been designated as a loaner that I pass around at work trying to convince people to stop wasting money and go with the best. If I hook one I tell them to go through the web site, but now i guess i'll tell them to call.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, all the literature will be updated (slowly). I expecte the new business cards will take about 2 months because we need to tweak some other things first.

Hey, let me know if you guys think adding the number to my sig is too pushy.

Also, we are experimenting with adding live chat to our website for answering questions. This chat is 1 to 1, not the group chat you get on the CPF chat server. The 1 to 1 chat is for answering questions about the products, etc.

Peter

onelight

Enlightened
The number on your sig is great it looks like you want to serve your customers.I wish all companies were as anxious to serve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi-

Heck, I'd suggest even adding "Toll Free" and the Biz Hours to your sig !

And I'd use the chat for questions far sooner than I would call. It always seems like such an interruption to a Manufacturer to call with trivial questions. At least you can be eating lunch while typing a response....

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Peter,
DO NOT ADD THE NUMBER, telephone compamies have a tendency to change area codes and numbers, without concern to their customers, 10-15 years ago when UC Berkeley had to change their numbers because pacific bell changed their area code and prefix the university wasen't too happy about it.
If you add the number then who knows in 10 years the number will not have the same area code and/or number. adding the web site address however is not a bad idea,
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ardy, he asked about adding it to his sig I believe. His sig can be changed in his profile where it will update throughout the board instantly.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

Adding the telephone number to your sig line is not pushy at all. That number is a service to each of us. It helps us when it's prominently shown.

Paul

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Ooops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Thanks for correcting me Saaby.
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Ardy said:
Peter,
telephone compamies have a tendency to change area codes and numbers, without concern to their customers, 10-15 years ago when UC Berkeley had to change their numbers because pacific bell changed their area code and prefix the university wasen't too happy about it.
If you add the number then who knows in 10 years the number will not have the same area code and/or number.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a toll-free number, they are portable. Peter can move to another state and change phone companies and still keep that same 888 number. Of course, then he'd have to learn a new local number /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If only he'd move up here so I could take a tour.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(BTW, Phone companies do not change NPAs or exchanges because they want to - it's the tremendous growth in the number of fax machines, pagers, cell phones, etc. that uses up all the possible numbers and that forces them to add new ones. The only alternative is to deny services or to overlay (meaning multiple area codes in the same city), you don't want either of those. It's not done without concern for customers.)

Great idea, Peter. Except now that it's free, we can all call you to beg for new features every other day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
More build lights...less toll free talk, less chat, you build now!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Toll free number on sig....not pushy at all. One on one chat would be coolio too.

Mike

Blikbok

Enlightened
I've worked in regions where the prefix changed *and* they got an overlaid code. Not fun. Never could be sure if you needed a leading '1'. Numbers in your own area code ten miles away could be long-distance, numbers out of your code thirty miles away might be "non-toll" calls. Grumble, grumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.