Best rechargeables for Surefire LX2?

DarinR

Newly Enlightened
Please refer me to the best rechargeable batteries and charger that I can get for the SF LX2. I would like them to be very safe and run as long a possible.

Thanks for a GREAT board!!!!

Darin

beach honda

Enlightened
i want to say that you'd be best suited running a 17670 in there. AW brand. I use a Pila IBC charger for all my li-ions\maganese. I don't think that light supports 2 rcr123 (over voltage)

DarinR

Newly Enlightened
i want to say that you'd be best suited running a 17670 in there. AW brand. I use a Pila IBC charger for all my li-ions\maganese. I don't think that light supports 2 rcr123 (over voltage)

Hi beach honda,

Thanks for the reply. I read on posts here that the LX2 is engineered to not accept the 17670. Is this not the case?

Thanks,
Darin

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi beach honda,

Thanks for the reply. I read on posts here that the LX2 is engineered to not accept the 17670. Is this not the case?

Thanks,
Darin

That's what I though too, we'll wait for someone to chime in. As far as what charger and cells to use, I second the Pila IBC and AW cells.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way it can take 17670. Mine accepts two AW16340 and works, but we don't know for how long it will work. SF don't release information about the voltage range. It could be tested to 9 volts for all we know, but as long as we are not told what voltage range the light is capable of handling, it is still safer running it on CR123 primaries.