Tactical Question? looking to purchase an LED light similar to the Surefire Invictus

frost

Newly Enlightened
I am on a police SRT team and looking to purchase an LED light as close to the Surefire Invictus as I can without the price tag. I need a light that will dominate a space with light and blind a subject when we transition from daylight to darkness, as I will be silhouetted.

Title edited for clarity - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a 9Z/Z3 with a Turbo Head (KT1/KT2) and a Nail-Bender tower. Here's a pic of my set-up. No Variable out-put, etc., just balls to the walls light. All business if you will. Laser beam throw with plenty of spill that drop's off right before your feet (I',m 6'), so you can see where you walking as well. While mine's not that bright (~200 Lumens, since I had him tone the out-put down for longer runtime), he can/does make them brighter. You can get this set-up for ~$250 in nice shape, or even less in "used", and still have the SF reliability / modularity.

HPIM1939.jpg

NOTE: Mine's a little longer, since mine's set-up to run off the 6V B65, but the look is about the same.

You could also add a 9-V two stage McClicky tailcap for dual out puts if you wanted...Or, if you wanted a two stage non-clicky, you could add a Kroma Tail-cap (although I'm not 100% sure this is good with a 9V set-up...since the resistor is in the Tail-cap, and it's designed for 6V???)

Also note, that since SF has a patent on their style of combat grip, you won't find that style of grip ring anywhere else, which is why an SF set-up would be you best option.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: