Request... SF m6 incan vs high powered led

IcantC

Enlightened
After reading about the fenix tk70 and other high powered led lights I got curious. Can anyone provide outdoor beamshots of a M6 with a MN61 or wa1185 vs some high powered LED lights (over 800 lumens).

Thanks!

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MN61 is the high output lamp for the M4, the lamp your wanting to see is the MN21 for the M6.

IcantC

Enlightened
Aimxplode thanks for link, looking for outdoor shots if possible and on a modded M6.

Ebow, MN61 can be used in a M6 running 3x17670s, overdriven too much and very bright! That's my current setup.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aimxplode thanks for link, looking for outdoor shots if possible and on a modded M6.

Ebow, MN61 can be used in a M6 running 3x17670s, overdriven too much and very bright! That's my current setup.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Nice setup, bet the hotspot and color rendition is something to behold huh?

IcantC

Enlightened
It definately is! My all time fav light esp when outdoors, never ceases to amaze. Even better when not having to worry about primary batteries :D.

IcantC

Enlightened
And reliable! My M6 takes a lot of abuse without problems.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the color rendition is better.

You left out depth perception which is just as big of an advantage as color rendition is. High CRI LED's are getting closer to matching the incandescent's color rendition but the depth is still lacking, things still look flat.

IcantC

Enlightened
What you REALLY need the the M6-PhD and and M61!!!!

Not overdriven and completely regulated for ~35-40 minutes:naughty:

Haha stop! My M6 only sees use when Im out looking for a perp or for fun. It rarely runs for more than 15 mins at a time. Usually when shined at anyone hiding, they freeze like a deer in headlights.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha stop! My M6 only sees use when Im out looking for a perp or for fun. It rarely runs for more than 15 mins at a time. Usually when shined at anyone hiding, they freeze like a deer in headlights.

Thats why you need a 10X dominator, 60 lumen beam for around 3 hours, then a blast of well over 500 when perp's in sight:thumbsup:

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
You left out depth perception which is just as big of an advantage as color rendition is. High CRI LED's are getting closer to matching the incandescent's color rendition but the depth is still lacking, things still look flat.

is depth perception not covered by higher cri?

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
is depth perception not covered by higher cri?

Hi Ricky, right now among our members their's some debate about that. Personally, at least in my own experience, which isn't verifiable by anyone but myself and shouldn't be taken as fact, the best high CRI leds still lack the 3 dimensional depth perception that a good high quality well driven incandescent delivers. Although the best High CRI LED's tints are getting closer everyday, I personally feel that "flatness" is still there, atleast in the examples I've been shown. Now, what's tricky about this topic is this "depth perception" is really only visible to the individual user at hand, and is not always seen by all users, this isn't something that can be captured by a camera or photograph. It's kind of like trying to take a photograph of a 3D TV and then try to explain to someone that the TV has depth when being watched, the experience can only be experienced with the users own eyes.