Highest output the XP-E/XR-E Emitter on AAs can pull

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I am really liking my P100A2 but was curious to see if there was anything out there that maxes the throw using the XP-E emitter in the AA class using 1 or 2 batteries. It is my favorite emitter I like the fact it throws well without a large reflector.

Not so long ago I saw that it was binned up to R3. I don't really see many lights using the XP-E R3 though. ANd the ones that do not sure if they beat my P100A2 with higher Lux@ 1Meter field.

I want to see if I can find anything better then my P100A2 using the XP-E R2/R3 on 1AA or 2AA maxed out in lumens. So, what's the most I can find on the XP-E R3 maxed out on AAs using 1 or 2AAs?

PS: I also don't mind if 14500/14505 battery types are mentioned and would loved to hear there output. 1AA Lithium maxed out in lumens on any binned XP-E would be better the 2AA NIMH. All views accepted.

Thanks again CPF members.

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Highest output the XP-E Emitter on AAs can pull

I am really liking my P100A2 but was curious to see if there was anything out there that maxes the throw using the XP-E emitter in the AA class using 1 or 2 batteries. It is my favorite emitter I like the fact it throws well without a large reflector.

Not so long ago I saw that it was binned up to R3. I don't really see many lights using the XP-E R3 though. ANd the ones that do not sure if they beat my P100A2 with higher Lux@ 1Meter field.

I want to see if I can find anything better then my P100A2 using the XP-E R2/R3 on 1AA or 2AA maxed out in lumens. So, what's the most I can find on the XP-E R3 maxed out on AAs using 1 or 2AAs?

PS: I also don't mind if 14500/14505 battery types are mentioned and would loved to hear there output. 1AA Lithium maxed out in lumens on any binned XP-E would be better the 2AA NIMH. All views accepted.

I don't have the P100A2 but I don't think you are going to see any noticeable difference in throw with that battery/head diameter. You could mod it and put in an spheric and throw would increase.

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened

hi !
perhaps a dereelight javelin head on a c2h body with a xp-e r3 smooth module ?

another option could be a xp-e modded quark turbo on a single AA tube...

Deal4

Enlightened

I too have wondered this Animalmother! Now everyone is focused on the XM-L or the XP-G. It seems to me that the abilities of the XP-E were never pushed too hard.
I'm going to keep my eye on this thread!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I too have wondered this Animalmother! Now everyone is focused on the XM-L or the XP-G. It seems to me that the abilities of the XP-E were never pushed too hard.
I'm going to keep my eye on this thread!

You know inwas just thinking about how much nicer my 4sevens xp-e quark is than the r5.

I'd love.to.see an xp-e r3 in a quark but I would like it driven harder than they ever would. My 1.5 amp nailbender is a nice thrower for the P60 format. I don't see any reason it couldn't be done in a comparable flashlight 1 x 14500

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

An XR-E offers higher surface brightness, better collimation and integrated heatsinking than an XP-E, so if you're looking for max throw with 1/2xAA you want to go for an XR-E light, especially if you can find one with an EZ900 R2 die. Maybe a Dereelight Javelin with some home-made/nailbender drop-in?

The TK20's still awesome throw wise for a 2x AA light though.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I never heard of the EZ900 R2. On the Dereelight website the Javelin has a XP-E R2 4A Emitter. Can anyone enlighten me on this emitter over a normal XP-E R2?

The XP-E is my favorite emitter. I like it because it doesn't require that massive reflector and the lux is where I like it on a 2AA. The beam profile is perfect for me. I am aware the XM-L and XP-G have the spotlight on the markets and produce more output and that's what the market wants(again, correct me if I am wrong guys). I just wondered if I was missing any lights using the XP-E/XR-E to a higher potential on 2AA. Any XR-E R2 2AA lights out there?

So far, my P100A2 is my favorite light but I am still trying to find better. The TK20, I wonder how it compares. I heard so much about this light and nothing but good things. Why did they discontinue it instead of updating the model?

I am liking some of my options so far. I tried to find the Javelins output on 2AA with the R3 emitter but to no avail and not many lights us the XR-E emitter. Not many that I know of at least. I wish they pushed this emitter further.

I am going to look into the TK20. I am also glad other people have thought of this as well. I am a thrower.

Is the XR-E better then the XP-E in throw, efficiency, etc???

EDIT:
Opinions on these:
-JETBeam Jet-1 PRO EX v3.0 XR-E R2 Gray
-Fenix TK20 XR-E Q2
-LumaPower Vantage XR-E R2/Q3

What's the brightest? best bang for the $? Best runtimes?
I could will compare specs but am looking for opinions on comparisons on which of these would be the best buy and if there are any others I should add to the table.

Last edited:

Latest posts