Wanted: Combination Handheld/Bike Light

Spin

Enlightened
I'm looking for a handheld light that can also be used as a front mounted bike light. I prefere a wide flood with some throw. I'll be using the bike for about one mile per day on an even flat road. 1AA or 2AA lithiums, 1CR123 or 2CR123 batteries are acceptable. I would also consider two small lights next to each other. No sos, beacon or strobe. $70 maximum.

Chris_Himself

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce L2T w/ XM-L drop-in?

Tried and true design and the Thrunite XPG 3-mode has some quite useable modes, the middle mode is like 200OTF lumens which is perfect, the impressive one being 400 but you might distract oncoming cars with that.

Takes 2xCR123's or 1 18650 if you ever get into rechargables, and the total setup would be like 35 dollars.

You could go with the 3-mode XML from battery junction which I have too.

Total cost would be around 50 dollars, leaving you plenty of money for batteries or an 18650 setup so you don't have to use primaries anymore!

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest the Solarforce L2-P with an XM-L drop-in and a bicycle handlebar mount. Ideally get one that can run on high voltage so you can use 2 cells. Or get a set of 18650's and you'll get dramatically more runtime. The beam for the XM-L drop-in is extraordinarily bright but has a nice wide beam that throws pretty far due to the shear brightness of it, you'll definitely only need one unless you're doing some serious night time trail riding and nead something brighter than an average car's headlight. Yeah it's pretty much that bright.