What light purchase made you forget about high lumen numbers

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) Just want to know which light you purchased that made you forget about how many lumens does it have.......For me it was the (1) McGizmo haiku and (2) Liteflux lf2xt.....Thanks for looking and posting...Robert.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Only one thus far... Surefire A2-incan in red.

*EDIT* Oops forgot about the Zebralight H501 headlamp.

Thats one of my primary considerations... Lumens per watt, lumens per $ spent, Lumens compared to another model, lumens per overall size...etc. Its not the only criteria, but it is a consideration.

Last edited:

Chris_Himself

Newly Enlightened
Surefire 6PX.

Might be 200, but it's 200 SF lumens :)

That and the runtime is actually pretty dope for something that appears to be fairly bright to me. I also don't like multi mode lights these days haha

uknewbie

Banned
Would never forget about it. I doubt I would ever buy a light without knowing it max lumen.

That said, lumens vs size and lumens vs runtime are very important.

Size more than anything probably. It is easy to be more impressed by a tiny light with 200 lumens than a monster light in size with 1000. Surprise factor I suppose.

Despite what I say though, I do have an SR90, TK70 and Firesword so the lumens do count! :eek:

KLowD9x

Banned
Xeno E03 with XML in neutral white.

I was looking for a backup light for my hiking bag but the quality of this little light blew me away. OP reflector, glass lens, double o-rings, the most square threads I have ever seen, perfect anodization, current controlled driver and it's tiny! Now I use this light a lot around the house instead of keeping the Spark SL6 in my pocket.

scout24

Flashaholic
Mcgizmo Haiku, Nichia 083 3 speed Mule. LF2XT. Milky High CRI floodmaster ML1. High CRI Seoul P4 Ti Titan from JHanko. Warm Mako. All with superb beams and some of the most useful lights I own.

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
Malkoff M61HCRI, L and LL! I actually use the LL most often the tint and beam are just so great I really don't care about the lumens or if they are only one mode I just don't care anymore.

S_skunk

Newly Enlightened
ARC LS ..... back then I didn't care much about its output eventhough people were screaming like hell with luxeon.

I just love the look of it.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark AA was the light that made me realize that very low outputs were far more useful on a regular basis than very bright outputs. In fact my current EDC, the HDS Clicky, rarely goes above 4 lumens (yes, 4 lumens; that's not a typo).

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight sc60, first time playing with the UI had me hooked. I've got lights 3 or more times brighter but the user interface, brightness options and beam have me thinking I want another like it.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
What light purchase made you forget about high lumen numbers

The right u.i. & form factor would make me forget about efficiency even, much less max lumens. Not beam quality though. Never forget!

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire A2 all the way, one of the most beautiful beams of all time on so many levels.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Believe it or not, it was the Olight SR90. For some weird reason I still cannot totally figure out, I lost interest in very high lumen numbers after it.

Occasionally I still buy high powered lights, but most purchases now go around the 200 lumen mark.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure I will ever disregard lumen count but a couple of the most useful light's I have are low lumen, the ZL H501 and Fenix E05.