E2D LED head on a 1 cell E series body?

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Just wondering who's done this and what kind of lumens this would have? or if it would even work out right. Would I still have a high and low setting?

Thanks all!

Mdinana

Enlightened
i've done it, definitely not the same output. I swap heads sometimes - a red or a white one - depending what I do. I only have a one-stage E1L, so no 2-mode for me.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
works with a RCR123, but output is not as bright.

i cant remember what happens with a single primary though, and i dont have the parts to try it again.

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Thanks guys, thats kind of what I was thinking. Maybe someone here that has an E2D led and an E series one cell can do some lego-ing and chime in and let me know how it runs. And if it has two stages still and how bright it compares to other lights. I was hoping for something similar to my E1B because I love the stats of that light. With a nice high lumen setting and a very useful low setting

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It won't work at all if you run it off a single CR123. You would need to run it off an RCR 16340. Appears dimmer, more like my E1B. Compared them side by side and can't tell much of a difference in brightness. I believe the runtime will be quite short.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i tried it on a 200 lumen version E2DL head. high and low was still present.
ive seen a E1L in action , but never directly compared the E2DL head on a RCR123 with it.
so i cant be for certain, but outputs seemed simliar.

im sure somebidy here with multiply E-series lights can do a comparision.

aemtieands

Newly Enlightened
I tried it... did put a E2D head on a E1B body, it worked with fresh 16340, had both modes and was bright, there wasn't much difference to the 2xCr123 of the original in brightness but I didn't do runtimes, runtime should be much lower I presume.