Surefire M6LT on the way!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
hopefully i will have a surefire M6LT in my hands this time tomorrow. i preodered it as a birthday present to myself, i just got to make sure i get the package before the wife does since my birthday isnt until the 12th of this month. i still dont know if the output and runtime are still 800 lumens for 80 minutes, i read in another thread that it might be 900 lumens for 4 hours (non-regulated?).
when i do get it i will compare it to my olight SR50. while i dont have the proper camera or equipment for beamshots and runtime/output graphs i will still post my impressions.

BBL

Enlightened
What light is that? Its not (yet) shown on surefires website

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the new LED M6. Which has obviously only just started shipping.

Should be on the website within a couple of weeks I would guess.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if there would be any difference in actual output between this and the UB3T but I am guessing not. It would just probably have a much longer run time.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'm thinking... plus the limit of one mode.

I wasn't interested in it when it was announced... but I'm starting to want one :( :laughing:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, in all honesty I like the feel of the M6, but I am not sure if it is still practical to run a light on 6 x CR123 primaries anymore. I will keep an open mind and watch for further reviews if there's any.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats tab & happy birthday! :party:

I'd rather it have kept the short runtime & flat regulation. I know sometimes you guys compute the limits of these things before they're even released; you're thinking it'd be impossible to keep a steady output that long, being so bright, even on 6 cr123a's? Either way, I don't see how I can justify paying rent this month. I think they'll get a little mad at first, until they see my m6lt. THEN they'll understand & be like "lol nm why didn't you tell us? That thing's awesome!"

:rock:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
The m6 with a l e d is a welcome addition to the sure fire family. Combining higher output, much longer run time and a bulb that cannot burn out is a winning combination.

That 1 should result in an ear to ear grin :)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
hopefully i will have a surefire M6LT in my hands this time tomorrow. i preodered it as a birthday present to myself, i just got to make sure i get the package before the wife does since my birthday isnt until the 12th of this month...

An 800 lumen birthday candle. NICE!!!

665, does that make you a lesser evil?!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
well the M6lt came today. the lumens have indeed been bumped up the 900 lumens with a 4 hour runtime. despite all the pictures depicting a flat black HA finish, it actually is more of a OD HA finish much like the M3TL which i actually prefer. however, the body and the tailcap are quit glossier than the head (which is glued on).

after popping the batteries in i decided to fire it up despite the inside of my house being lit up quit a bit (it was about noon here). i was instantly amazed by the intensity and size of the M6LT's hot spot. side by side my SR50 had only a slightly brighter hotspot, but the M6LT's hot spot is a good 5 times larger. the sunlight coming in the windows made any spill on the M6LT invisible.

cant wait for it to get dark and take this light for a spin outside!

yliu

Enlightened
Some beamshots and comparison please:)

I'm very interested of how does it compare with the UB3T or the 800 lumen M3LT

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I love the beam of the fresnel lens and optic that SF is using. From the Goinggear videos of the M3LT there is very little to no spill at all from this set up, just one big giant hotspot!

I actually prefer this type of beam for outdoors, the bright spill that comes from reflectors can actually ruin my night vision and can be bothersome to others if they get within viewing angle.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here's my quick first impressions:

- About the same size as the original M6, a bit longer
- The HA is typical SF not black like the UB3T
- On a wall the output of teh M6LT looks to be the same as the UB3T on highest setting
- Same beam pattern, same throw as UB3T
- Looks to throw well, but incan M6 will still outthrow with more sidespill
- Color temp is same as UB3T
- Gets slightly warm running for more than 10 minutes at a time, but not exessive
- Utilizes the same 6 cell battery carrier in the stock M6
- Claims to be 900 lumens for 4 hours of runtime (SF ussually states this to 50% of max output)

So far, I like it. Its SF durable with a big usable beam. Great for outdoor use. Indoor its almost too bright!!!

I like.

MSax

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Any pictures? Do you guys have that "glob" on the lens as seen on the site linked above?