Nvtelen-3.jpg

prices approx
i1: 32 USD
i2: 25 USD
i3: 22 USD

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old4570 will be annoyed... all that work to mod a A1 with a XM-L, and now they go and sell one!

Zendude

Enlightened
Hmmmm, not sure I like the split ring attachment. Since it doesn't appear to swivel to a vertical position it would sit at a funky angle on the keyring. However, I DO like the clip attachment!

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I like the way they have done the split ring attachment. Many times manufacturers say their lights are tailstanding, and they have a tailcap split ring attachement point - but if you actually do attach a split ring, then they will not tailstand. It is an either or proposition.

This addresses that problem - you have tailstanding and tailcap lanyard attachment :cool:

If you have a smaller lanyard I would think you could just remove the split ring and attach the lanyard directly to the tailcap. For a more bullet proof setup the split ring is available. I see this as having options.

joe1512

Enlightened
That is pretty nice. The i1 is basically a cheaper version of the Quark Minix123 and a decent upgrade to the itp A1.

Still, I wonder why 180 lumens is the maximum? I'd expect jumping from an XP-E to an XM-L T6 would be a significant efficiency boost and allow for more lumens.

yliu

Enlightened
only 180 lumens from the i1?

Most XPG light with 1 CR123 does over 200 lumens.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Love the split ring and the clip. But wish they change the knurling coz ITP A series knurlings is on the slippery side.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to go off topic but does anyone else like the look of the i6? I like the looks but concerned about the runtime at 420 max for only 1hr.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I try to get to the Olight homepage, Google gives me a malware warning. Go Olight.

<offtopic> That happens a lot with Google. I have a customer that it happens to their own website. Google's system is not very accurate </offtopic>

Back on the topic though... I'm waiting for a Ti or Stainless version. I have the stainless A1, and would love a Stainless i1 to match :)

JNieporte

Enlightened
Question regarding the i1 EOS... it's rated to 180 lumens on high. Olight says:

"Olight has long been iTP's parent company and has started bringing their iTP's models into the Olight product line. One of the first models to make the transition is the i1, which was the A1 in the iTP line. Bringing it over as the same light isn't very impressive, so they made some improvements. The lumens were increased thanks to the switch to the CREE XM-L LED..."
(Bold is my emphasis.)

The iTP A1 EOS is rated at 190 lumens on high, and the Olight increased the lumens to... 180 on high? Am I missing something?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the old rating wasn't done by ANSI standards, which are a harsher rating you could say. So the second 180 lumen is more accurate than the 190 rated before, and actually an increase over what it really was previously.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the new tailstandability, and the stationary clip! I'm bummed I just ordered an old style A3 a few weeks ago, when if I would have waited I could have gotten an i3. Oh well, I'm glad they upgraded these. With as much as I'm liking my A3, I'll probably be ordering an i3 in the future.

Has anyone tried the old A1 as a keychain light? I'd like to give the i1 a shot on the keychain, but I'm thinking it might be little bulky to fill that role. Thoughts?

Edro

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm, not sure I like the split ring attachment. Since it doesn't appear to swivel to a vertical position it would sit at a funky angle on the keyring. However, I DO like the clip attachment!

+1 A good example on how to do a good split ring attachment would be the Fenix E05 (providing a hole and a little notch; no funky angle on key ring and the ring can sit in the notch when tail standing).

Will they be doing the i3 in stainless steel? or different colors? (similar to the A3)

cistallus

Enlightened
Has anyone tried the old A1 as a keychain light? I'd like to give the i1 a shot on the keychain, but I'm thinking it might be little bulky to fill that role. Thoughts?
I carry the 4Sevens Quark Mini 123 on my keychain - this is almost the same light as the iTP EOS A1. It is a little bulky, but then again I have a USB stick, car remote, and other stuff on the chain already, so what's one more item? :) Other than the slight bulkiness, it's great - I use a Li-Ion 16340 for huge output on max, and also I carry it with the head backed off just enough so that I can simply press the side of the head for instant light.

themandylion

Banned
Does anyone here have an i1 in hand? I ordered one, with shipment estimated for this week, but still no shipment notification. Are they delayed from Olight?

Latest posts