• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak eiger 10180 with QTC

hazna

Enlightened
Does peak still make the 10180 bodies? I've looking forward to seeing the 10180 eiger with QTC chip, but can't seem to find it on the peak reseller website. They only have the eiger QTC in AAA/10440 size.

jorgen

Enlightened
A fresh run was said to be imminent about a month ago but it hasn't materialized yet.
I suppose it is a case of "so much to do -so little time"

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I recently got my Eiger QTC AAA because I read that 10180 bodies should be available *very* soon and will fit my Eiger head. I cant wait because this Eiger AAA while cool with the QTC is just way too big for a AAA light. Its my first experience with peak and while I like the looks of many of their lights, I really dont understand why they have to be so big. Like a full INCH bigger than a Maratac AAA. :shrug:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pocket bodies are much smaller than the keychain style. I would measure my pocket body for you if I had not lost the damn light recently. Hoping it will turn up.

eala

bleagh

Newly Enlightened
But they don't have pocket with QTC.
And I agree that the others are just too big for AAA.

notrefined

Enlightened
I recently received both pocket 10440 and lug 10180 QTC bodies in brass. Talk to Curt.

Or, trade me a non-QTC pocket body in brass or stainless :D

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I just spoke with Bob yesterday and he said no 10180 QTC bodies are available yet... :thumbsdow:

Guess you are on some special list that gets stuff before distributors? Ive seen people saying they cant get responses to orders placed directly with Peak... Im kinda confused how peak works still.

Guys the last time that I talked to Curt about needing a certain model that I was out of, I said what does Peak have in stock and his reply was
that RMSK has all our stock, and he was not just talking about that model only, because I do have probably most all of their inventory, and since I am their distributor I should. Does that tell you guys anything? So if I'm out of something there is a pretty good chance Peak doesn't have it either.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

jorgen

Enlightened
I want a 10280 body to swap off with the SS lug, I'm intending to order at the same time

notrefined

Enlightened
well, it *looks* like a qtc body, or at least the bottom inside of the body looks like a qtc pill rather than like my old, non-qtc body. I could be mistaken, though, since I don't have a 10180 cell to try it with yet. I had a large, custom order that took several months to fill, maybe I got a prototype?

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
So it looks like the 10180 QTC bodies are available now, but the site also says

"Since I do not carry the 10180 or the 10280 batteries I can't guaranty that all brands will fit. We have had issues before with Li-Ion batteries not being standard size like USA made alkaline batteries. So it's up to you if you want to take a chance."

has anyone already "taken that chance" and can reliably confirm a brand that is known to fit before I pay $30 and almost as much for shipping?

jorgen

Enlightened
Light works perfectly with the AW 10180s I purchased from Lighthound.
I am unaware of any other brand of 10180 batts.

hazna

Enlightened
Previous AW 10180 were slightly longer than the current generation AW 10180. These shorter 10180, may have issues making contact in some 10180 lights

jorgen

Enlightened
My 10180s were purchased in August '11, in anticipation of the Peak body, and they work well.

archimedes

Flashaholic
AW 10180 (purchased a couple months ago from Lighthound) has also worked great for me with the new QTC 10180 tube.

By the way, I really appreciate the "depth" of threading, which allows substantial lockout when unscrewing beyond the off position, and well before the head is removed.

Not sure if that makes sense, or if I explained that clearly. Twisties where the head is loose just past "off" always concern me a bit....

jorgen

Enlightened
Lighthound's 10280 batts also work well in that body. I found that the cap of a plastic tube of erasers,purchased from Staples, makes a tight fitting and secure body cap for the Eiger. It essentially function as a cork would. I can carry both bodies with batts now. One on a neckchain and the spare on my keyring.

MKLight

Enlightened
AW 10180 (purchased a couple months ago from Lighthound) has also worked great for me with the new QTC 10180 tube.

By the way, I really appreciate the "depth" of threading, which allows substantial lockout when unscrewing beyond the off position, and well before the head is removed.

Not sure if that makes sense, or if I explained that clearly. Twisties where the head is loose just past "off" always concern me a bit....

I have 2 SS AAA lugs, one purchased before the QTCs were available and 1 after. The non-QTC tube is ~1mm shorter. The QTC tube allows the o-ring to slightly protrude. The only way to combat this is by using a 10440... The light screams on a 10440, but I prefer a primary battery for its longer life. The 10280 & 10180 formats should all work well. I've used both the old and new style 10180s in my non QTC Eiger without any issues.