The Fenix-Store        

View Poll Results: What kind of photographer are you?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • non-photographer

11 11.70%
  • gear hound

46 48.94%
  • girly girl

0 0%
  • artist

23 24.47%
  • purist

10 10.64%
  • leica owner

4 4.26%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What kind of photographer are you?

Default Re: What kind of photographer are you?

I like taking pictures like this.
    Kinda tells a story, yet lets you use your imagination what that story is.

Or workers on a hot summer day slamming a bottle of water or wiping their brow...

Or....

Oh my! That's big.
    John 3:16

Enlightened
    Born L.A. - NYC 2nd home - Rustbelt home base

I'm a people photog. But I fall into some of the other poll options too. I got way too much gear sitting that needs to be ebay'd

Of the choices given, I guess I would be a gear head because I have a lot of camera gear. However, I really only consider the camera gear as a tool that allows me to capture an image.

Tropidolaemus wagleri [Wagler's Pit Viper] - Male by Kevin, on Flickr

None of the Above: I'm a "wish I could afford photography" photographer.... i.e. cheap P&S lack features (full manual control / lens options / lens quality) to allow me to capture the images I want to capture at times. Until I can afford Photoshop, I'll just stick with the camera on my phone & suffer in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosdsm View Post
    None of the Above: I'm a "wish I could afford photography" photographer.... i.e. cheap P&S lack features (full manual control / lens options / lens quality) to allow me to capture the images I want to capture at times. Until I can afford Photoshop, I'll just stick with the camera on my phone & suffer in silence.
    Check out Pentax's APS-C lineup; lens selection isn't great, but a full kit with top shelf image quality and features is ~$600. The Photoshop/Lightroom suite is now $10/mo.

I am more like an opportunistic photographer - I use what I could borrow or have, meaning any cameras I could use and it also give me a bit of hands-on experience which is actually useful ($600 - 900 Nikon D3400 two lenses DSLR camera kit suits me just fine for now as I use Linux version of Photoshop, Darktable to clean up RAW image files a bit, now that I am also into astrophotography and that camera's not too bad for that low light photography). Also, I have a rare Canon 35mm A-1 SLR camera, gifted to me - I will need to find a few compatible parts to repair the film speed selector, fairly chewed up. However, ancient Nikon and Canon SLR cameras were built like tanks.

However, IMO, you don't have to be so rich to be a photographer, although it kind of help. Camera don't have to be greatest and latest, if you know of a few tricks, both analog (films) and digital (semiconductor) cameras can be your best friend in photography.

EDITED: Forgot to add the astrophotography picture, I know I got off on a wrong footing, however I learn quickly. I may get best result when I get to the campground (ie. away from light pollution), so I don't get overzealous with the shutter timing. Oh yeah, and better tripod is also important. I intend to figure that out.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: And here's some newer bonus.

Last edited by Dr. Mario; 07-26-2017 at 02:41 AM.
    ****** Custom filtered blacklight flashlight based on both Nichia NVSU233A-U365 and Convoy S2 flashlight host (Pictured in avatar icon) ******

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234