Inova T1 vs everything else

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
I know the kind of light you find at target or wal-mart doesn't really compare to the awesome stuff usually discussed on these boards, but I was wondering what you guys think of Inova, and specifically the T1 as a 2x cr123, as it falls in the hierarchy of lights in the same class.

I like the simple form factor of it, particularly because it's a 1" diameter barrel which fits in scope rings for mounting on weapons. I also like the electronics in the latest version, where it comes on bright, a second press gets you low, and a double press gets you strobe.

120 lumens doesn't really compare to newer lights, but it isn't bad.

What do you guys think of this light and for a similar price, how much more light could I get if I went with another company?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I have no experience with the current version, I have owned several earlier versions of the Inova T1 and kept upgrading to newer versions because I liked construction and performance of the flashlight. I currently own the 100 lumen, single mode version and it has a great amount of light in the spill beam.

ginaz

Enlightened
i have a lot of love for the inova T series. when my local target gets the newer T1 in, i'll buy it

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several T1s and still use the 100 lumen version from time to time even though I have more impressive lights now.The T1 form factor has always appealed to me and is one of my favorites.I have not been getting the latest models of the T series because I am more interested in neutral/warm tints and the new T series lights are cool tints from what I have seen having handled the new version.The T-1 is a good buy IMO,if I had more cash available I would get one despite the cool tint.For a little more money there are more impressive straight body lights like the Fenix PD31 or Quark 2XCR123 but I really like the form factor of the T1.

RBWNY

Enlightened
I'll admit I've become a flashlight snob. But it was Inova that got me started on this whole ride to financial bedlam! I did have several of them, but the only Inova I still have is an older generation T2. But in the current domain I wouldn't buy another one. The advancements and lure of the "newer" lights make Inova's now seem .... yesterday. Like other posters, I'd go with a Fenix or 4Sevens, by only investing an extra $20 more, as apposed to buying something, because it's the "best" that Target or Walmart sells.