Fenix 8AA battery pack fit in bored out Mag?

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if a fenix TK AA pack (with batteries) fits in a bored out Mag D body?

I know it's a little obscure, but it would be helpful to know!

Thanks!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Not to steer you too far off topic... but there are 8AA carriers specifically made for the 2D mag. Immeasurably higher quality than the TK40 carrier too.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Not to mention that the Fenix battery holder has, I believe, the positive and negative contacts both at the head end of the holder, so some mod'ing would have to be done to get it to work with a Mag.

I'm pretty sure that the battery holder would be too wide anyway, even after boring.

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
....there might be other carriers, but I have an extra one that's not doing anything right now, and I'd like to put it to some random use.

I was thinking it might be a little too wide - that's why I'm checking. I can take a measurement of the diameter with batteries installed and maybe someone can tell me what the bore is for a 4AA mod. I'll check the diameter tonight and post it up here. I didn't want to bored one out or have it done if it's not going to fit.

I wonder if there are ANY bodies that would take something like that? (Aside from the obvious Fenix it came out of!)

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I recently had a 3D Mag modified to take a X*4AA format battery pack (FM made battery pack), and the tube was bored out all around rather than using quad boring. The widest you can bore out the tube without also boring out the tail cap threads is 1.390".

Sprinkles

Newly Enlightened
1.390" - THANKS!

I'll check tonight and post the TK pack dimensions. I just thought it'd be a useful option if it was at all doable. I didn't want to have to buy another battery pack if I didn't have to.....

brandocommando

Enlightened
Here is my TK41 pack... It is just a little wider at the very top, and the very bottom. This is the largest measurment I could find... It was 1.395 when measured elsewhere.

001-2.jpg

Last edited: