• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Free to Modders: High reflectivity aluminum

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been watching this new forum with interest. Having been actually born in Berkeley [possibly unlike Don who just lives there] I have a bit of an anarchist streak. I therefore applaud his willingness to give the "no hard rules" approach a chance. Let me be the first to test the limits by giving away something that is only a mod related material. No B/S/ or T involved.
Over a decade ago I was involved in a design project for which we needed a few $ worth of .005" thick, high reflectivity aluminum. We found what we wanted at a specialty foil mill but they had a $250 minimum so that's what we bought. This is 3.50" wide, .005" thick with the highest reflectivity finish available. I remember the reflectivity spec to be in the high 80's. Anyway, when we finally sent the excess to be recycled along with empty pop cans I grabbed a roll of it to keep. I ran across this roll recently while looking thru some long stored stuff. This stuff is potentially useful for fabricating reflectors. Anyone who has a potential use, PM me your address and I will send you as much as I can get it a envelope with one stamp. I believe that this will be at least 24" worth.

100% of all proceeds to CPF.

LoneRebel

Enlightened
If i'm not mistaken, I believe regular aluminum foil to have a reflectivity rating of around 85%. Mylar is something around 98%. I read this while reading up on building solar ovens.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just what I need! PM sent. Now as soon as the LEDs arrive I'll be all set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

-Mike

Zeppert

Enlightened
Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Thanks Doug S

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
Mine arrived a while back. Thanks again! Any chance I can PayPal you a small amount to cover postage?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
There's more where that came from if you have a good use for it.

Zeppert

Enlightened
I got mine. Thanks again it will be going to good use very soon here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

bucken

Enlightened
Doug S,
I also received mine earlier, too. I meant to let you know, but couldn't find the thread. Soooo... THANKS! What you sent should keep me busy for awhile. A generous offer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
I just got my aluminum today. Not only is it pretty high reflectivity, it was also shipped in a nice envelope with a paper around the foil.

Lovely stuff.

Much thanks and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to Doug!

OddOne

Enlightened
I have some mylar film here, so no need for the super-bright foil. Still, VERY nice move there, Doug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

oO