One of those Arc moments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotyakr

Enlightened
No, my Arc AAA LE wasn't instrumental in the rescue of hundreds from a burning building, but it sure came in handy last night. A friend and I were at the movies and we entered the theater to find the house lights out, and nothing showing on the screen. I lit things up with the LE to find our seats, and then again to organize our snacks as some other people were trying find seats. I shined the LE to help them find their way which they really appreciated. Heard someone somewhere behind us saying, "wow, that thing is really bright!". I resisted the temptation to shout, "www.arcflashlight.com!" to avoid embarassment of my friend (and the ration of s**t she would've given me). Even though I had given her an Arc AAA a while back, I don't think she would have understood...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ohhhhh darn, had a power outage for about an hour today at work! Used the AAA and the LS!! The co-workers are slowly being "educated"!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've had several opportunities to use both torches (carry an LS on my belt keys and an AAA on my truck keys, both with Berkeley Point mini-clips...small enough to keep both on my person at all times!), different tools for different tasks!

Not only do I appreciate being able to use a good tool when I need it, it feels good to help others and get the same comments as you are speaking of sotyakr "...really bright!".

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really bright can be bad at times too. I'm currently stationed at a medical center. The doctor there uses those army L shaped torches (Electrolumen's Angle lux's host) using D size batteries.

It happens that today the battery ran out and we didn't have any in stock. Out came the Arc LSH-P, after telling him that he should press the kroll to on it, he didn't even bother testing it out on anything first, I didn't have the chance to warn him not to shine it in the patient's eyes. You can guess the rest. The patient jumped out of his chair in anoyance at having something that bright shone into his eye from less than 5 inches away. The doctor must have thought that the Arc didn't put out much light. Everyone was impressed, and the patient, rather blind in one eye for minutes after the experience.

For the sake of the rest of the patients, I passed the doctor my Arc AAA instead. Once bitten twice shy, he tested it out by shining it around, finding that it isn't very bright (esp compared to those 50-60 watt flourscence lamp), shining it into his own eyes. Why don't they ever learn.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

here's one. I purchased my wife a pink translucent GBA (GameBoy Advanced). I also purchased a Back-lit LCD replacement for it, I just have not gotten around to swapping it for her. Lastnight she wanted to play but could not because our daughter was asleep in the next room (small apartment) so as to not to disturb her from her sleep I told her to use her Arc AAA with the clip inverted on one of my Yankee hats (Go Yankees! I will be there tonight with my company) on the visor so that she would be able to see the GBA. All I heard was WOW! Suffice to say, I fell asleep before she got tired of playing. She also managed to bake some chocolate chip cookies with the damn thing on LOL! She is too much. She loves her little MIGHTY LIGHT! In complete darkness it lights a path quite nicely. My AA (second) was shipped yesterday. Hope it comes today.

LukeK

Enlightened
About a month back I bought an LS second. I received a First Run LSL with a yellowish Luxeon and large anodizing mistakes. I was slightly dissapointed, but for the price I couldn't complain. Anyhow my LS really came in handy last night when a friend's car broke down. A few friends and I went down to take a look at it, but of course it was very dark outside. Out came the LS and it provided plenty of light to identify the problem. Very handy -- I'm already very glad I purchased it!

Status
Not open for further replies.