Haircuts

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
So today I decided it was time for a hair cut.

A number three shall do, as per normal. So I get the clippers, and set up ready to start. I oil the blades of my clippers, to ensure proper functioning. I turn on the clippers, "Yep, running smooth" I thought to myself.

Now this was post workout... so I was in a bit of a subdued state and not thinking at my normal capacity.

I proceed to bring the clippers to the front of my head, and cut back about one inch... :eek:oo: oops... :laughing: I forgot to put the No. 3 attachment on... and gave myself a nice inch squared blad patch :naughty:

:laughing:

So I finished the rest of my head with the number three attachment.

Now I have to buy a hat!

:D

Norm

Retired Administrator
:oops:
picsb.gif
:lolsign:
Norm

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
That's the downside of giving yourself hair cuts (I've been doing this for the last 19 years or so). So far I've been lucky in that I've never cut off more hair than I want to. Look on the bright side-it'll eventually grow back! In the meantime, you get to have fun with hats. :)

beerwax

Enlightened
number 3 comb - you would look like a long haired hippy. you would still have to comb it an use conditioner an all. number 1 or none - thats the way to go. cheers

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend the Wahl's Balding Clippers if you decide to knock it all off. They work very, very well with an oiling after each use, and get things almost razor short. :)<---not quite like this little fella, but close

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been cutting my own hair for a long time. No combs for me, thanks. It's bare metal all the way! I don't have to shave that way either. I just run it all over my head -- except the eyebrows.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had hair past my shoulders and I've had a dome so smooth folks wrote on it with magic marker. Oddly enough, they are both high maintenance:

1) The bald look requires frequent shaving or cropping to keep it so short
2) The hairy look requires shampooing and brushing to keep it neat and tidy

The easiest to maintain is using the clippers every few weeks as a compromise between the two.

People have made snap judgments about my personality/philosophy of life/manner based on the amount of hair present, and were shocked to learn I had the "opposite" appearance in the past.

DimeRazorback, what do you oil your clippers with?

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
I personally go with no comb and get it as short as possible! Less shampoo to use and absolutely zero combing/maintenance haha!

Caleb Wilson

ljdcustom

Newly Enlightened
Hahah I feel for you, I've done the same thing, and when I did I was just like... :shakehead Agh hell I've got a reverse mohawk... now on to the rest! and dealt with it short for a while.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might wanna invest in ceramic bladed clippers
That way a least you wont smell like a sewing machine after you have cut your hair :D