Tiablo a9

dontfearthereaper_20

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys quick question i was going to buy the lumintop td 15 but ive decided on the tiablo a9 my question is which LED would be better for throw the r2 or the q5 and is there a huge difference in throw between them thanks

Eric

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the difference would be that much between the Q5 and R2. I have the Q5 and the throw is amazing. I don't have a light meter but in my eyes it seems to out throw my DBS with a R2 driven at 1.2 amp. I am still puzzled at why my A9 seems to out throw the DBS especially given that the DBS has a larger,deeper reflector and also driven harder. Now I just use the nailbender 2.8 xml dropin in my DBS and thats my favorite light because of the combination of throw and spill. Back to you choosing the A9, where are you planning to buy it? I have a friend who wants an A9 after seeing mines but I don't know where to buy it anymore. I just don't want to buy a fake one. Since I couldn't find where to buy a genuine A9, I was also thinking about getting the lumintop td15 with the xpg R5 in it. The throw is a bit less then the A9 but not that far behind and it has more lumens.

dontfearthereaper_20

Newly Enlightened
Kit-tronics has the a9 they are an official dealer for tiablo i believe. i am have a hard time deciding between the a9 and the td15

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming the emitters are driven the same in the same light the Q5 is going to be brighter (15% or something like that). If they aren't available in the same light then the other factors will outway that difference so pick the light that you like best.

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
I think the R2 actually puts out slightly more lumens but since the Q5 is an XR-E it throws a little better than the XP-G R2. Also you can get aspheric heads for the A9 that make it a throw monster with pretty much zero spill

TDKKP

Enlightened
I don't think the difference would be that much between the Q5 and R2. I have the Q5 and the throw is amazing. I don't have a light meter but in my eyes it seems to out throw my DBS with a R2 driven at 1.2 amp. I am still puzzled at why my A9 seems to out throw the DBS especially given that the DBS has a larger,deeper reflector and also driven harder. Now I just use the nailbender 2.8 xml dropin in my DBS and thats my favorite light because of the combination of throw and spill. Back to you choosing the A9, where are you planning to buy it? I have a friend who wants an A9 after seeing mines but I don't know where to buy it anymore. I just don't want to buy a fake one. Since I couldn't find where to buy a genuine A9, I was also thinking about getting the lumintop td15 with the xpg R5 in it. The throw is a bit less then the A9 but not that far behind and it has more lumens.

A fake A9?

I've asked this same question a long time ago and I remember people posted that they don't make a fake China product, a fake Mag may be but Tiablo is a manufacture in China.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A fake A9?

I've asked this same question a long time ago and I remember people posted that they don't make a fake China product, a fake Mag may be but Tiablo is a manufacture in China.

There is fake potential for any product that gets popular. DX was selling a fake A9 until they were notified and then they quit selling it. Their distributor wasn't actually sending them real A9's. As far as I know there are no new A9's being made.

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Kit-tronics has them and they're an authorized seller by Tiablo. Kit-tronics has them through their website and through their ebay account

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
I think thats a great choice because if you don't like the beam or want more light, you can just upgrade the pill will a xml and it will be a fantastic thrower and will very bright spill.