What flashlight does a flashaholic keep in their vehicle?

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I have been running this through my head for a week now and thought I would get some feedback. What does an informed Flashaholic have in the vehicle? :thinking:

1. Lithium power for cold weather?
2. long runtimes vs output?
3. Ability to use as headlights if nessessary
(dont laugh a maelstrom works better than the headlights on my jeep)
4. common battery -AA-

I am considering a Fenix LD40, but will wait to see if anyone has better ideas

nbp

Flashaholic
Many good threads on this, I'll have to do some searching, but in the meantime, punch it in the searchbar at the top, you'll find some.

Nubo

Enlightened
In my car I keep a Leatherman tool that came with a decent AA LED flashlight (hi/lo settings). For my wife's car, a 4D Maglite with a Malkoff conversion along with a crenelated bezel and pointy carbide-tipped tailcap (these also fromMalkoff). Loaded with 4 LSD NiMH D cells.

Colorblinded

Enlightened
I have a Surefire E2e that's been in my car for ages, moved it over from my previous car. It's incandescent, I've been thinking about replacing it with something LED or getting one of the tower modules to convert it to LED but realistically I could just get a nice new LED light for the same price (or less).

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Always kept a LED Lenser P5 in my car. But sometimes when needed it lacked runtime as it only has one setting, full power. If it had a second low setting I would have kept it in my car but I've replaced it with a Solarforce L2 running a 300 lumen 3-mode drop-in. It is a much better option for my uses.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
None. I keep my EDC bag with me-variety of survival gear including a firearm/ammo and soon a Fenix TK45 but I'd never leave my gear in my Jeep to be stolen. :)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
4D maglite next to the drivers seat modified with a two mode driver and XP-G emitter. There's a Quark 123 Tactical on my keychain. In my GHB/BOB is Quark 2AA Turbo, a TK41 and an HL21, it's always in the car. There's also a 2 x 2032 mini headlight in the glovebox.

frogger42

Newly Enlightened
I have a few in my car. In the center console, easy to access is a knockoff of a Surefire 6P Defender. In my glove box is currently a Streamlight Microstream, but I have a Streamlight Stylus Pro on order that will replace that one. In my "Get Home Bag" in the trunk is a LED Mini-Maglite. Lastly, I always have a Streamlight Microstream in my pocket.

Geez! When I write it out like that, it seems like over kill. :D

Richub

Enlightened
I don't have a car or drivers license, but I would keep my PD30 R2 in my car.

And the reason I don't have a drivers license?
I had pretty severe eye problems from my early teens until laser eye surgery fixed that at age 32.
Now I just can't afford to get one. Getting a drivers licence in my country would set me back at least 2.500 euro (over $3000). Too rich for my blood, unfortunately...

pulstar

Enlightened
True flashaholic spends all of his money on flashlights and can't afford to have his own vehicle :)

kj2

Flashaholic

I had pretty severe eye problems from my early teens until laser eye surgery fixed that at age 32.
Now I just can't afford to get one. Getting a drivers licence in my country would set me back at least 2.500 euro (over $3000). Too rich for my blood, unfortunately...
2500 euro!! whaa
My brother has got his licence for 1000 euros. And myself for 1200 :)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
What flashlight does a flashaholic keep in their vehicle?

:thinking:

v3dqi9.jpg

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?170556-OH-MY!-WHAT-HAVE-I-GONE-AND-DONE-NOW&p=2122365&viewfull=1#post2122365

tbenedict

Enlightened
Gas

3D Mag in the back for the situations where that pocket light isn't enough.

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
I have my old surefire G2 LED with 2xCR123 in the glove box. that's all i need.

Samy

Enlightened

WOW, i think it's about $100 australian down here... 130 euros ;)

I carry my EDC lights (keyring, pocket) but i usually carry my Fenix TK41 when i know i'll be home after dark or going on long trips. I just did 3000klm over 2 weeks with the family and it was good to know i had my TK41 & spare eneloops with me the whole time. Didn't get a chance to use it, but it was satisfying all the same. Just tonight while driving on a country backroad i turned my TK41 on to light up a dark paddock i was driving past only to see it full of grazing kangaroos... i slowed down a bit after that ;)

cheers

afdk

Newly Enlightened
:eek:oo: My UK Firelight with AA lithium primary cells. At 45 lumens plenty of light for most car issues.

brembo

Enlightened
Jetbeam BC40, it's my knockaround light that stays in the truck while driving and on top of the fridge when at home. It's not as beefy as a M@g 4D in terms of whacking someone upside the head, but it's still a significant chunk of aluminum.