Zebralight SC60 vs SC600, should I upgrade?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a very much satisfied SC60 owner. UI, spill, 300 lumens, short&slim. Modded the switch to prevent accidental activation. Basically it's an almost perfect EDC for me.

Now that the SC600 clips seems to have been made, the question is should I upgrade? Would like to hear the opinion of those who have.

The way i see it it's 300L vs 500L coz the 750L is just a 5min "burst". Doesn't seem like a big difference in brightness. In my experience you need a doubling in order to really feel it...

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
I'm a very much satisfied SC60 owner. UI, spill, 300 lumens, short&slim. Modded the switch to prevent accidental activation. Basically it's an almost perfect EDC for me.
I would say unless you have the cash burning a hole in your pocket, stay with this one. If you're not a lumen addict, you'll be fine.

boudeou

Newly Enlightened
hi
they are two differents animals , i sold my SC60 and bought a SC600 , and i have no regrets , SC600 is amazing , but a little bigger and less pocket friendly than the SC60 . it stay very little for a 18650 flashlight.
the only negative i find in this new model is the color , a little purple , and the rest is perfect

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't just upgrade...add to your arsenal! Buy the 600 and keep your 60. I think you will miss your 60 due to it being much slimmer in the pocket.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and use both. The SC600 750 lumen mode comes in very handy when you need a LOT of light but I don't have the clip for it yet so I have not carried it much in my pocket. I use the SC60 when I need a lighter smaller light. My SC60 is also a neutral tint so that may make mine different enought. When the SC600w comes out, I may get rid of both and just use the SC600w. Anyway, the 500 lumen mode is brighter and more floody so it lights up a larger area. When you need that extra burst of 750 lumens, you have it and that burst mode is WAY brighter than the SC60. You don't think you will ever need brighter until you have it.

uknewbie

Banned
I was in the same position. I sold my SC60 and bought an SC51 and an SC600.

So I have one more pocket friendly and one brighter. Both very nice lights.

I did like my SC60 very much too though so know what you mean.

Glock27

Enlightened
Bigger size doesn't automatically mean an upgrade.
The much higher current draw will also cause some cells to choke. The SC600 has double the amount of o-rings or water entry points too.
Although I do plan on getting an SC600w when they are available, I doubt the larger size will allow EDC.
I think the SC60 is the perfect size for EDC.
G27

fnsooner

Enlightened
Every morning I am faced with the decision to take either my SC60w or my SC600 and every morning I choose the SC600. :)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like Zebralight UI and build then you should definitely get one, it is a little bigger so whether or not it takes the place of your SC60 is up to your EDC size limits, personally I have no problem with it in my and I have not carried my SC60 since but it is about as larger as I would want for a pocket light. Either way you will have another really good light if you get a SC600.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now that the SC600 clips seems to have been made, the question is should I upgrade? Would like to hear the opinion of those who have.

The way i see it it's 300L vs 500L coz the 750L is just a 5min "burst". Doesn't seem like a big difference in brightness. In my experience you need a doubling in order to really feel it...

But noobs don't need to know that, when you're pwning them.

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
I looked through the SC600 thread and could not find anything about the availability of the clip. Do you know when it will be available?

The ZL description of the SC600 currently lists the clip as one of the included accessories. Since it's part of the description, presumably it will ship with any SC600 ordered from ZL.

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
I have the SC60 and the SC600, and rarely use the SC60. Things I like about the SC600:

1. Better runtimes for equivalent output
2. Lowest low is just right for moving around inside at night.
3. Firmer switch that never activates accidentally
4. slightly warmer tint
5. several options for brighter output
6. very bright turbo (original poster dismissed this, but I find it really useful. Frequently I step up to turbo for 3-5 seconds to get a better view of something in the distance (I've never used the turbo for more than a couple minutes in a row)).

The main advantage of the SC60 is its size. It is smaller, lighter, and easier to EDC.