Five nights camping with a bunch of lights

mbw_151

Enlightened
We went out to Eastern Oregon for the five nights with a new moon that went down early, genuine dark except for a canopy of stars. I took my HDS, a couple of Surefire/Malkoffs, a Leatherman Serac S2, a Saint Minimus and a Zebra H30w. So what got used? By a really big margin, the Minimus and the Zebra for all kinds of tasks where you need to use two hands or to use a light for a long time. Next came the little Leatherman which my wife latched on to and I may never get back. "It's so easy to carry that I don't put it down and loose it." I used my HDS, mostly on low (about a lumen) for in the tent duty and for way finding a bit. The Surefire/Malkoffs only saw use as flashaholic toys. I decided that I own too many high power lights and not enough headlamps and compact multi-level handhelds. So now I need to put some stuff on MarketPlace and for Surefire to release the Saint Vision and HDS to build some more High CRI EDC lights. Live and learn.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like fun. I've also found that my Zebra Light H51Fw gets lots more use than the rest of my more expensive lights.

JermsMalibu

Newly Enlightened
That sounds like fun. I'll also be going camping in Eastern Oregon (next weekend). It'll only be for 3 nights though. My brother, one of his friends, and I. I'll be taking my new 4Sevens X10, 4Sevens Ti 123^2, NDI, and an Enegizer headlamp. My brother will have his Surefire LX2 and possibly his G2 (with Malkoff M60L). Where did you go? Did you guys hike in?

mbw_151

Enlightened
We drove in to the State Campground at Prineville Resevoir and took our boat. It takes only a short walk down the shore to be away from everybody. Shots across the water give an idea of thrower range. Good fun.