Streamlight Twintask 2L Just arrived- Review

charliek

Enlightened
WooooooooooHooooooooo!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yeah!!! Ooooo baby!

Love it..... New favorite!

Thanks for all the reviews that I've read that lead me in this direction
(You know who you are)

By the way- I put the "Dead" batteries I had in my LED candle lantern - they still lit the 3 LEDs in the 2L just fine...
Must.... have..... more.... Streamlights......... more.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

charliek

Enlightened
I have the 3AA too!..... The 2L is more compact, and the Xenon is quite a bit brighter... I think this one is going to be my EDC for a while.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1L is only about 20 bucks....... tempting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm the same way about the twin task series. I have a 1L and absolutely love it. Nothing has impressed me as much as this light especially the price. I keep it on my desk and use it around the house all the time. It's brighter than an E1e and acts like a KL1 with a click of the switch.

I've been wanting to buy a 2L but just don't have a use for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it, Charlie.

I'm very impressed with my TT 2L and the 3C.

Better start saving for your SL TL-3 Xenon...you're gonna like it, too.

BC

charliek

Enlightened
You know... I was looking at the TL-3 Xenon.... it's suposed to be VERY powerful.... How are the Luxeon versions of the TLs? I should try one of them next...

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charliek-I have them both, and love them. The TL-2 LED has a VERY tight beam, much more throw than any other 1 watt I have, but still giving 90 degree bright side spill for lighting a room, or walking outside.

The TL3-LED is not as tightly focused (larger emmiter), but has the Lumens for sure, and has an INCREASED bright 105 degree bright side spill for the same above mentioned purposes.

They both feel good, nice blocky non "scratchy" knurling, with a substantial clip which I really like.

The recessed "momentary" button is slick, has a nice feel, and is positive.

Good low bucks for the quality ..............

charliek

Enlightened
I've got to start a "Flashlight Jar".... put spare change in it.... a few bucks here and there- Get some really nice lights.... maybe even a L4 LumaMax....