Need help upgrading Stinger DS

aopapilot03

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I looked around the forums for any related posts, and I couldn't find any and for some reason the search isn't working at all for me. But I use the Streamlight Stinger DS for patrol, it was issued to me. I don't really have much complaints about it, but I was looking to upgrade it a little, maybe with a drop-in or something. I was wondering what my options are. I wanted it brighter obviously. I did do some research and found the TerraLUX TLE-ST1 LED Upgrade Kit, which I ordered, only 30 bucks. But I'm not sure if its going to make that big of a difference because my light is already LED. I do understand it has more lummens. So any other options I may have for upgrading this light?

Also I remember reading somewhere that you can replace the battery thats in it with the same type of battery, but they have what the call lossless batteries? I don't know if I used the right term for them, but the regular battery stick I have is suppose to dim after so many recharges, and these other sticks supposely don't have that affect. Anyone heard of them? Or know where I can find some for my light?

aopapilot03

Newly Enlightened
Just found out that terralux upgrade isn't for the stinger ds, which already is led. Dang

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's correct, the TerraLUX upgrade is for incan lights. There's not much you can do to an LED light, which is pretty bright as-is.

As for the battery, sounds like you're talking about the NiCd memory effect. NiMH batteries won't have memory, but Streamlight doesn't offer NiMH batteries in the US, and aftermarket batteries are iffy at best. You'll also have some compatibility issues with the charger.