The Big Bruiser by Elektrolumens, Who has it ?

jalal20

Enlightened
ok so its simple, who has this light and please tell us what u think and if its up to your expectations

The Coach

Enlightened
I have one! It lives up to it's name and it exceeded my expectations. Well made and kind of small considering the output. :thumbsup:

jalal20

Enlightened
I have one! It lives up to it's name and it exceeded my expectations. Well made and kind of small considering the output. :thumbsup:
how about its build quality and type of beam
it would be great to post some beam shots because I am about to order one and would love some beamshots :)

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been on the fence for a little while about the big bruiser. I want one so bad, I don't know why I'm holding off. To those who have one, how does it fit/feel in the hand? I'd love to know what the beam is like...all flood? Any hotspot at all?

I think I need to get myself on that list....

warmurf

Enlightened
Got one. One of the first bare al versions. It's wild! Beautifully built, great cooling fins help to deal with the heat, and output is up at 2400 lumens OTF. It's only draw back is it will only run for 25 mins give or take. Beam is a mix of flood with some nice amount of throw. It's a big outdoorsy light, too bright for close quarters. One of my best lights. You'll love it.

jalal20

Enlightened
Got one. One of the first bare al versions. It's wild! Beautifully built, great cooling fins help to deal with the heat, and output is up at 2400 lumens OTF. It's only draw back is it will only run for 25 mins give or take. Beam is a mix of flood with some nice amount of throw. It's a big outdoorsy light, too bright for close quarters. One of my best lights. You'll love it.
again beam shots would be great for us upcoming owners

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
again beam shots would be great for us upcoming owners

I don't think I've seen a single beam shot. Would really love to, along with some coparison photos to well known lights. Regardless, I think this might be my next "wow" light for the cargo pocket.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lucky for me I got to see and test one of these new BigBruiser Tripple XM-L by Electrolumens. Nice IMR 26650 powered and very well made. The OTF lumens I measured...well. you can PM me if you need to know.

I myself wouldn't buy one unless it was powered by 3 IMR 26650 cells.:naughty:

bigC

Scubie67

Enlightened
Wow a light cannon !!!That 20 to 25 minute burntime kinda hurts though .

jalal20

Enlightened
I wouldn't mine the 20-25 minutes , I would just carry 2 batteries because that small size with that much lumens deserve to give up on longer run time

Scubie67

Enlightened
I wouldn't mine the 20-25 minutes , I would just carry 2 batteries because that small size with that much lumens deserve to give up on longer run time

Hehe..Bragging rights over your friends Lights > Burn time :naughty: ..I like that

jalal20

Enlightened
Hehe..Bragging rights over your friends Lights > Burn time :naughty: ..I like that
you bet, and I have my Ti QMini 123 neutral with enough lumens for normal daily use, this one is my bragging light :)

Scubie67

Enlightened
you bet, and I have my Ti QMini 123 neutral with enough lumens for normal daily use, this one is my bragging light :)

Yeah, I guess also it would be good for Blinding Burglars so you can get the drop on them with your 12 gauge :thumbsup:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
25 min runtime at X-thousands of lumens and there are complaints.

What world do you live in actually? Where I am from, no one uses X-thousands of lumens for more than a few seconds at best.

How many times do you actually run your flashlights (any of them) for more than 10 minutes at a time?

Not sure what the exact out the front figure is, but I am pretty sure 25 minutes and an extra cell will cover all situations in a given weekend where that amount of light is required. Could be wrong.

obi

Blerv

Newly Enlightened
Agreed.

I ordered one just this week.

Ordered an extra AW 26650 for $10 +/-. Figured having one battery always charged while one was in the light was a smart idea. As mentioned 2400 otf lumens is a TON of light...not like you're gonna work on the car with it. :duh2:

gsteve

Enlightened
Im trying to decide between one of these and a jetbeam 3xml. The JB would be a bit more practical with the lo-hi settings but that 3000 lums and small size make the BB awful inviting !

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it seem water resistant? Think I could order a custom one with warm/neutral emitters?