4Sevens Quark and Thrunite Neutron Parts Compatibility?

badkarmaiii

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone own both and willing to try some swaps?
In particular, I'm interested in outfitting my Neutron with a forward-clicky and deep-carry pocket clip.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
no go. I just tried swapping the tail caps and the quark tailcap will not even screw on 1 single thread of the Neutron. The Neutron tailcap also does not work on the quark. I can't answer about the deep pocket carry clip because I don't have one.

badkarmaiii

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the attempt, tre.
They looked so similar that I was really hoping it'd work. Guess I could just buy the clip and tailcap and see if the guts can be swapped...

Thanks,
Lee

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The size is darn near the same. The threads just don't seem to line up somehow. I'll get a 1/2 turn but after that there is massive resistance. I too wish the Neutron had a forward clicky.

Zen Ape

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone has gotten any closer to mating these two lights together yet? I realize the threads don't align, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to pull the XML and board from the Neutron and drop it in a Quark? I think that kind of setup would answer quite a few prayers around here.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The 4Sevens deep-carry pocket clips, they do go on the Neutron although it is a bit tight going getting them in place.

IMG_20110821_194122.jpg

IMG_20110821_194033.jpg

Last edited: