Which one of these two lights should I purchase

arking2012

Newly Enlightened
I can't decide between the Olight M31 Triton LED Flashlight with Luminus SST-50 LED and the Olight M3X Triton LED Flashlight with CREE XLamp XM-L LED. Which one of these lights has the best throw, brightness and light intensity? Both of these lights are the same price and I can't find a review anywhere comparing the two. I'm looking to buy one of these by Sunday and any responses would be appreciated.

saypat

Enlightened
Maybe you already know but Goinggear.com has video reviews on their site. I know they have one of the Olight M3X Triton. They also have a coupon for 10 % off and free shipping over $50.

arking2012

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have watched all the videos at Goinggear.com, YouTube and read every forum out there on the two lights. It's very hard to compare watching a video that only shows one light at a time. I was really looking for someone that has seen the lights compared or that owns them both.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the "reviews" section.

im sure selfbuilt, and HKJ has done reviews of them with beamshots, lumens measurements, runtimes, pics, and comparisions with other similar type lights...

i would say the XM-L is brighter, and throws better... i feel the XM-L has really made the SST-50 obselete. im not saying the SST-50 is bad, but the XM-L is better in just about every way.

arking2012

Newly Enlightened
check out the "reviews" section.

im sure selfbuilt, and HKJ has done reviews of them with beamshots, lumens measurements, runtimes, pics, and comparisions with other similar type lights...

i would say the XM-L is brighter, and throws better... i feel the XM-L has really made the SST-50 obselete. im not saying the SST-50 is bad, but the XM-L is better in just about every way.

I looked in the review section for the M3X but couldn't find anything maybe Imissed it.