6AA Lights

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I saw the Jetbeam PA40 and heard what Zebralight will release later. It seems like they got much more output on 4AA. What if they did 6AA? Besides the Polarstar A6 have they any plans or are there any 6AA lights I am not aware of?

I only know of the polar star A6.

stp

Newly Enlightened
Didn't heard of any other but you could always use 3xAA to D adapters in modded maglight. I think that 6AA is strange combo - you can't charge it all at once in most of chargers and if you have two 4XAA chargers or you are charging one set after another you may as well charge 8 AAs so Imho 8AA is better solution - size of a flashlight is more or less the same.

I'm speaking as somebody who used A6 and gave it as a gift (almost year ago it was nice flashlight with very good "bang for the buck" ratio)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not either aware of any other 6AA light than Polarstar A6. I doubt that it will come out any more of this configuration, because it's quite odd for an AA-light. I think 4AA and 8AA will continue to be the options.

I think that 6AA is strange combo - you can't charge it all at once in most of chargers and if you have two 4XAA chargers or you are charging one set after another you may as well charge 8 AAs so Imho 8AA is better solution - size of a flashlight is more or less the same.

You expressed what I thought about here, but found too complicated to say in english!

Last edited: