Free LED Flashlight From Marlboro

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone recently tipped me that Marlboro.com has a free LED flashlight. While I am pretty sure it is no Surefire LX2 LumaMax, hey free is free. By any chance, does anybody here happen to know what LED flashlight they send out?

(The standard disclaimer applies here. I am not a cigarette smoker, I don't endorse cigarette smoking, but I DO like flashlights!)

Illum

Flashaholic
looks something like this
n6f489.jpg

and by the way, no such thing as a free lunch, like all promotions... it requires you to register on their site, yeah no purchase necessary but you are giving them information simply by clicking an icon. Trust me, the information you enter for those promotions are worth far more than the products you get in return. If it isn't such, there would be no economic benefit in the company considering such promotions.

mojospapi

Newly Enlightened
I received one a couple weeks back. It wasn't worth mentioning here on CPF. I actually gave it away to my doorman. He appreciated it. So it will get used. I didn't like the fact it used those flat disc batteries (cr2025) The host was actually kinda cool, SS with a clicky. If someone could mod it, I'm sure it will be pretty cool

kramer5150

Flashaholic
looks something like this
n6f489.jpg

and by the way, no such thing as a free lunch, like all promotions... it requires you to register on their site, yeah no purchase necessary but you are giving them information simply by clicking an icon. Trust me, the information you enter for those promotions are worth far more than the products you get in return. If it isn't such, there would be no economic benefit in the company considering such promotions.

x2.... Maybe if I believed in the product, I might register. No chance here though.

JNieporte

Enlightened
My wife and I received ours a few weeks ago. They each run on two 2032 button cells. Reverse clicky, polished aluminum body with a black plastic center. The batteries load in a little circular carrier. A crappy wrist strap was attached. The front houses six 5mm LEDs; there's a shiny piece of aluminum right behind them to act as a reflector. Total output is about 15-20 lumens. Blue tint. Glass lens. My wife carries hers in her purse; mine will just be a spare for when the batteries in hers die.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I tried one, it had a very difficult draw, tasted like metal, and didn't burn evenly at all.

Also, if a car company made cars that killed one out of every three owners, no one would stand for it..

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marlboro promotional flashlight recall

There is a recall on a 3-in-1 flashlight, compass, match holder given out as a promotional item for Marlboro cigarettes. There were over 365,000 lights given away.

News of the recall starts at the 1:19 point in this video:

YBCold

Newly Enlightened
i opened and used mine, it is a bit brighter than most dollar store 9 LED lights. the machining on the light is actually not bad for a free flashlight. i still have the matches inside of it even if the thing might explode

LGT

Enlightened
Getting off the OP here. But since Marlboro has been mentioned. I find it ironic that smoking is legal while in some states not wearing a seat belt is illegal because wearing one can potentially save your life.