D mag tailcap option on the cheap

richpalm

Banned
Hi all,

Just got done modding a 4D mag to a triple XML. Wanna trick it out with a new tailcap to match the ESD bezel I got for it. Plus I have half the use of my left hand so I need something easier to grip.

What are tailcap options these days that aren't a hassle to get?

Thanks,

Rich

Last edited:

richpalm

Banned
Re: D mag fluted tailcap option

Anyone??? Someone must have something or know where I could get one...

richpalm

Banned

OK, I'm bumping this to be more specific. I'm not gonna spend as much on a tailcap as one would for an entire light. The real story is that I have carpal tunnel on both wrists and the damned stock tailcap is damned hard to grip sometimes, no less twist, and I need some kind of antiroll capability.

Let's hear it on any poor man's mods you might have done to your tailcaps, without a machine shop. I don't have access to machining except for a bench grinder and a drill. And on the cheap.

I even thought of drilling the end and mounting some kind of water or gas valve handle type thingie, but it'd have to look good also. No hack jobs or steampunk looks-yuck!

Any other ideas? Post away! Can't think of anything else, and Google is amazingly poor on this subject.

Thanks a lot!

Rich

richpalm

Banned

Might not be what you're looking for but Gene sells some cool tailcaps over on his site http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/accessories-c-13.html

No, 'fraid not... still would have the same issue gripping and the yokels here would probably accuse me of having burglary tools if I got stopped with it. I'm looking for DIY, cheap, fluted options at this point. Got 3 lights I need to do.

Rich

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, 'fraid not... still would have the same issue gripping and the yokels here would probably accuse me of having burglary tools if I got stopped with it. I'm looking for DIY, cheap, fluted options at this point. Got 3 lights I need to do.

Rich

Sorry about that, you might have a hard time finding what you're looking for, espically on the cheap.