Help! Groomsman gifts for wedding!

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
  • :duh2: I need help. I've been spending HOURS deciding on what to get my groomsman. They're not flashaholics so I'm pretty sure they're not gonna see this. If they DO see this, then my obsession has rubbed off on them muahahahaha anywho....
I planned on getting the 3 of them a light, so here's my thoughts.
#1 has a 9P with P60L and Defender bezel, he keeps in his bedroom, and old stock maglites all over in the garage and vehicles, but not a good EDC.

#2 has a couple crappy 2D lights, and just bought a 4Sevens Mini 123 and Quark reg. 123 from me, so he has small, pocketable lights.

#3 has a couple small cheapies I've gifted him, and a Surefire 8AX I gave him for his birthday, but not a good EDC.

I was going to go Surefires, like engraved C2s or possible G2X Pros, I think they'd prefer clickies. I then thought I'd go 4Sevens Revo SS's, as mine lived in my pocket 24/7 for the last 8 months, and looked fantastic. However, I dropped it less than 4' on concrete working on a machine, and it went out. So it's back in for warranty, and another friend also has a Revo that stopped working recently. :( I LOVE 4Sevens, but don't want to give them something that's not extremely reliable.

So, any opinions? Do I give them all engraved C2's with p60's so they can upgrade them as they see fit? They'd probably prefer LED's, but I can't afford that too. Do I give them Small, AA's like a Quark Reg. AA so they have a good EDC, even though the one buddy already has 2 pocket lights?

Or do I maybe give the 2 with bigger lights already some smaller lights so they actually HAVE an EDC, and get the other friend a larger, brighter light? Thanks for looking!

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
I thought about that, but I'm pretty sure it will be a 4Sevens or Surefire, I have my reasons :naughty:.

I DO like the E01 Fenix though, I'm possibly going to order a few of those for ushers/brothers type gifts, I really want to get my groomsman a "lifetime" light. I love having a 1xAAA light in my pocket, it does 98% of what you need a flashlight to do, and it's there 100% of the time! Thanks a bunch for your thoughts!

Streamer

Enlightened
I thought about that, but I'm pretty sure it will be a 4Sevens or Surefire, I have my reasons :naughty:.

I DO like the E01 Fenix though, I'm possibly going to order a few of those for ushers/brothers type gifts, I really want to get my groomsman a "lifetime" light. I love having a 1xAAA light in my pocket, it does 98% of what you need a flashlight to do, and it's there 100% of the time! Thanks a bunch for your thoughts!

At least bump up to the Fenix EO5. Much classier than the purple monstered l.e.d E01. $12.50 vs $19.95......... <10 lumens vs 27-30 lumens R2 - R4 flood.

Last edited:

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
I've never looked into Peaks before, but never hear anything bad about them.
I'm taking care of some other things for them too, so it's not going to be just this light, but I'd like to stay at the $50 range for each of them. I'm kind of leaning towards an EDC for #1 & #3, and a larger, brighter light for #2.

IMG_9084.jpg

I LOVE my C2DL with an M61 :hitit:

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
So, I've just spent the last hour or so becoming more and more confused by Peak's website....the lights look good, I think, and they're made in the USA, which I really like, and the brass would be awesome. However, I'm not sure how to order one, maybe I'll give them a call next week and just talk to them. Thanks for the recommendation!

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
I'd never looked at the fenix lights very much, I'm much more familiar with 4Sevens and Surefire. I didn't realize they had a close competitor in their own lineup, I'll toss that around!

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
Well thanks guys, I did some more research, and ordered 4 Brass Peak Eigers, 3 #8's with Lugs for my groomsmen and a QTC Keyring for myself. Bob at RMSK was a huge help and great to deal with! Thanks again guys, the groomsman are gonna love these! Justin