Pocket carry or holster/pouch?

tracejame

Newly Enlightened
I carry an older Fenix AA light in my front pocket, but with car keys, pocket knife, cell phone, wallet and a CCW weapon, I'm running out of room.

I don't want to walk around with a Batman Belt, but utility and fashion are running against each other.

How do you carry your light?

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Same prob...keys, Zippo and etc stuff in one pocket, CCW bellygun and $$ in the other so I try to keep the Batman wann-bee thing to a minimum but hey, until everyone else is paying my bills what they think does not really come into my mind.

So, with all that I carry my light in holster on belt in front of my multitool on the left then my Droid and Mace on the right and my CCW main somewhere in front or back right/left depending on the day of the week or what side of the bed I woke up on.

SeanHatfield

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Quark AA Tactical in my right front pocket. The light came with a holster, but the holster is just a too perfect fit for the leatherman wave to use it on the Quark :)
So my leatherman wave is on my belt using the 4sevens holster (converted for horizontal carry).

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually carry an EDC light in a shirt pocket and no longer buy shirts without pockets. Less often, I carry it in a belt holster instead.

My 1xAAA backup light is in my pants pocket.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
The Z2 rides in the backpack during the daytime. Once nightfall, it rides bezel down in the left front jeans pocket with the combatgrip sticking out for quick drawing.
In the daytime, I will most likely carry a penlight in the left front pocket to avoid goofy pants bulge.

Richub

Enlightened
I carry my Fenix E05 and LD01 in my front jeans pocket.
Since I wear suspenders instead of a belt, no holsters work for me... So other lights are carried in a bag, or my jacket pockets.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I ran into the same problem. Now that I have an iPhone, I pair that with my slim cardholder/wallet in my front left pocket. In my front right pocket goes a small swiss army knife (rambler), a Fenix E05 or QMini AA, and some chapstick. My best move was to put my keys on a carabiner and hook them to my belt loop. I also carry a hanky in my back right pocket. This system works great for me.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Carry mine in the pocket with keys, cellphone etc, maybe you need a smaller light w/1xAAA and leave the fenix in the bag.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to clutter up my pockets. I would nearly always prefer a sheath but the catch is that I'm often not satisfied with sheaths or pouches unless I make them myself.

Latest posts