Look at my new E05!

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Received a call from my local Fenix distributor asking me to check some Fenix E05 I bought last week. :confused: :thinking:

So... here is the package... nothing special... :duh2:
FenixE05XPG01.jpg

but... I was in shocked when I check the emitter... :huh:
FenixE05XPG02.jpg

on the left is the newly opened Fenix E05 with the packaging that says XP-E...
so... I quickly check the rest, and found another unit that says XP-E on the package but uses XP-G inside... Surprise! That's 2 out of 5 newly bought units.

now... it gets more interesting here... i went back to the distributor and...
Look at my new E05!
FenixE05XPG03.jpg

Yes! XP-G neutral white in a Fenix E05! :hitit: :party:

tam17

Enlightened
A new dimension to the LED lottery... random emitter. And you won :devil:

Cheers,

Tam

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad QC, false advertising on the packaging. Return the light for a refund.

:p

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
A new dimension to the LED lottery... random emitter.
ya mate... truly a new dimension... :laughing:

Bad QC, false advertising on the packaging. Return the light for a refund.
:crackup: I think I should keep the "QC-less" unit as compensation for my troubles... beside getting a refund... :devil:

does this mean i can finally get a neutral tint E05 in purple finish soon?
no idea mate... :shrug:

Did your distributor give you an explanation of this? A mix-up or that's how they're now shipping??
errr... they are as puzzled... :confused:

How can the rest of us get one? Was there any other indicator with the packaging or light that would tip you off?
you should be able to tell if it's using XP-G or XP-E emitter just by looking thru the clear packaging, but whether it's using neutral or cool white... perhaps a UV light can help?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
A while back they had a special run of EO5's with the R4 xpg. You must have got some run overs.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost one of my E05s, it must have been the cool white one. I checked both of my serial numbers on the Fenix website and it said they were both the limited edition R4 (but I only had 1 limited edition)?

Streamer

Enlightened
When I first saw this thread,... I thought the new colors purple and blue were what the thread would be about...but NW emitter?, what a surprise. I have an R4 version but not in NW.

There was someone that left a review on Amazon.com saying they had both versions R2 and R4. They commented that the R2 version differed from the R4 in that R2 had an "incandescent color".....maybe they had one also.

I think they also commented somewhere here on this forum about it.

Streamer

Enlightened
Here's a reference to the two versions of the Eo5 from an Amazon review referring to tint of Eo5 in R2 version.. I'm sure I read the same reviewers post here on CPF also...somewhere..

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional EDC, January 9, 2011
By
dj - See all my reviews
I just finished a review on my Fenix E05 R4 and decided to hop over here to review the R2.

I carry the R4 daily, but I've operated both the R4 and R2 versions side by side. Here are the only things I noticed from my quick comparison: The R2 has a warmer (like incandescent) output compared to the R4. The R2 has a beautiful and very uniform output, but the R4 has slightly "more perfect" diffusion.

While I think I'd probably prefer (barely) the R4 over the R2, if more than $5 separated the two I would recommend the less expensive R2. My E05 R4 was a gift, and I didn't face certain financial concerns/constraints. For most people, I think the difference between the… Read more

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
Puzzling.

Rookiedaddy, did they get the sales area and country right on the S/N enquiry result? You said that you've got it locally.

My local Fenix distributor had E05 XP-G R4 listed on their website for months, and I haven't even bothered to check it out. Now it says "out of stock" (as well as some other models), which means they'll be expecting next shipment soon (R2 or R4 :confused:). Bad thing is I never liked the E05's runtime, and its retail price is 25 Euros here.

I wonder if this NW thing is just a random emitter mixup, or something else (conspiracy theory flaming up) :mad:

Cheers,

Tam

Latest posts