poor customer service from fenix, Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duro

Enlightened
I know there is somewhat of a language barrier, which may be part of the problem. But I've emailed fenix in regards to a simple question about obtaining a black pocket clip for the fenix pd31, as I've heard they did a batch with the black pocket clip. Well the first email from fenix I was told that I should contact my dealer. The dealers did not have them, so I sent another email which went unanswered. I have since send two additional emails which went unanswered. It's been about a month now and they still haven't written back.

Just one thing to consider when purchasing a light. Does the company have good customer service? Some of these other chinese manufacturers do. However, I would rate Fenix with an F.

Not impressed and will probably never buy another fenix product again.

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened

try other dealers.

you're 100% right, not a great customer service experience. but it's a simple trade off - having an efficient customer support infrastructure costs money. the cost would be most likely passed on to the customer, resulting in more expensive products.

duro

Enlightened
Yeah. I could understand a lot more if they were strictly a chinese company. However, they go to american conventions i.e. (shot show), and export to other countries, so they should be equipped to deal with foreign customers. My experience with eagletac, jetbeam, and xeno, has been pleasant. All manufacturers with the same price point. So yeah, not sure what's up with fenix. --pfft.

400THz

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. I could understand a lot more if they were strictly a chinese company. However, they go to american conventions i.e. (shot show), and export to other countries, so they should be equipped to deal with foreign customers.
They are a Chinese company, as I understand it. Why do you think that they should deal with customers directly? Isn't that the job of the dealer?

There are American companies exporting their goods in China (among many other countries). What do you think would happen if a Chinese sent an e-mail written in Chinese to an American company?

Last but not least, both corporate and consumer cultures differ depending on the country. What might be considered commonplace in the USA might not be elsewhere.

PS. I'm not trying to defend Fenix, because obviously they should strive for a positive customer experience everywhere, in today's globalised market (and that only depends on the local customer's expectations). I'm just trying to add another perspective...

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an experience with Jetbeam where the dealer would not supply me with an o-ring kit that was missing. I emailed Jetbeam directly, and they contacted that dealer to ensure that I got the o-ring kit. Jetbeam followed up to ensure I received my o-ring kit....Great Customer Service!!!!!
They are a Chinese company, as I understand it. Why do you think that they should deal with customers directly? Isn't that the job of the dealer?

There are American companies exporting their goods in China (among many other countries). What do you think would happen if a Chinese sent an e-mail written in Chinese to an American company?

Last but not least, both corporate and consumer cultures differ depending on the country. What might be considered commonplace in the USA might not be elsewhere.

PS. I'm not trying to defend Fenix, because obviously they should strive for a positive customer experience everywhere, in today's globalised market (and that only depends on the local customer's expectations). I'm just trying to add another perspective...

CheepSteal

Enlightened
I hate to say it, but I don't like Fenix CS either. I needed a replacement pocket clip for my LD20 and they could not provide me with one even though I would pay. They redirected me to a dealer that only ships to the US, and I had to wait till an aunt of mine was in the states on holiday to bring me back a clip. How hard is it to supply me with a pocket clip at my expense including postage??
Armytek is a Canadian company and they send their parts from China, which is an extra step of communication and work, but they manage to send me anything I ask for at their expense. I offered to pay last time and they just had me cover the postage; they sent me parts to lego even though nothing was wrong with my light.
I will not buy Fenix lights again except through a reputable dealer such as 4Sevens, which I recommend the OP does. They will deal with all your CS concern, so you won't have to go through Fenix directly.
Apologies for the rant...

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does one obtain warranty service on a Fenix product? From a dealer or the manufacturer? I'm guessing you would have to deal with the manufacturer directly which is a problem if they don't answer email or the phone. That means Fenix has no warranty if you cannot obtain warrantly service.

Status
Not open for further replies.