Looking for a new light

Bbucs726

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys

I don't know much about flashlight, but I have just got a new job that requires me to carry a light.* I'm looking for a compact, powerful, and durable light.* I have looked at the Fenix PD31 and the ShiningBeam S Mini.* I like the multiple light modes and the relatively long battery life.* If anyone has any insight on these lights, or anything similar to them, I'd really appreciate the help.* Thanks!

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Check out the link here for a checklist to post in this thread...it will greatly assist others in giving recommendations for the exact light you need. There are so many good lights out on the market today it's hard to suggest one without having a bit more information on your needs.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys

I don't know much about flashlight, but I have just got a new job that requires me to carry a light.* I'm looking for a compact, powerful, and durable light.* I have looked at the Fenix PD31 and the ShiningBeam S Mini.* I like the multiple light modes and the relatively long battery life.* If anyone has any insight on these lights, or anything similar to them, I'd really appreciate the help.* Thanks!

I have a PD31. It is my favorite light and the light I use most often. I don't like the reverse clicky, but it's necessary for the UI which really fits my needs. With the head tight it automatically turns on to max. With the head loose it automatically turns on to low and can then be increased to med and high. It is comfortable, durable and I actually like the holster that comes with it. I holster it when I'm working and I slip it in my pocket when I EDC it. I have brighter and more complicated lights, but I find the PD31 to be the perfect light for most of my purposes.