pic request: CPF2003 AAA shots (body not beam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iddibhai

Enlightened
ok, i've just about settled on the idea of getting myself a CPF2003 edition AAA. However, the bump up from the standard model is steep. still, i want to get the cpf version. that said, if anyone has the same, please post a few pics of what it looks like (the arc site doesnt to much there). the 2002 edition was blue, 2003 is red, correct?

also, any nearterm (as in before xmas) upgrades to the aaa planned (ver 3.4? 4.0?) or new arc toys or should i just go and get it now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif my edc (see sig) has served well, but not being built for heavy use is showing signs of going out.

thanks. if you dont have a host for the pic, you can email me directly (email addy in profile) and i can host it with credit given to photog.

Interlude

Newly Enlightened
They will of course vary from unit to unit, but in general, compared to a standard AAA, mine is noticably whiter with a tighter throw and slightly brighter, although that might be more the eye's perception of white=bright. Unfortunately, the casing and engraving are so nice that I don't EDC the CPF-AAA for fear of damaging it or losing it.

B@rt

Flashaholic
GearGuy posted some nice pics here . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
arccpf2.jpg

(more pics in GG's post)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
mcluxcpf2003aaa.jpg

arcaaacpf2003.jpg

Sorry about the contrast setting. I didn`t realise how dark they were - things always look different in Photoshop. The colour is close though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Man that's a nice looking light. Does it say CPF in the engraving around the head?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that particular one, I had it custom engraved. By default they said something like "CPF 2003 Member Edition" round the tail end where mine says The Torch Reviews Site. The engraving round the top is the same as the regular Arcs, or at least, is the same as they used to be before everyone`s favorite flashlight manufacturer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif shook their legal fist at Peter & co /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Custom engraving cost quite a bit this year, but I had the 2002 one custom engraved too so I wanted this one to be personalised as well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened
MMmmm absolutely stunning! Thanks Chris and Bart for linking GG's pics. any more? so 3.3 is it, no 3.4 or 4.0 in before year's end? no more new nifty toys coming out?

CPF edition is sold only direct from arc? couldn't find it on some of the dealer pages.

thanks

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Sorry about resurrecting this old thread, but pictures of the Arc-AAA 2003 CPF Edition were requested.
So here's mine:

2003cpf1.jpg

The custom engraving on the tail reads:
2003 The LED Museum CPF #14

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweet, thanks. Hopefully i will have tracked down one of each by week's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.