this world is so messed up

raggie33

*the raggedier*
read this post please then see how people responded it is truly sad. i truly am lost and cant bleive the world has come to this. sadness

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i know...people are idiots.

the world would probably be better off without the fool anyway, but i believe suicide is wrong, and to do it for the reason of publicity and "shock factor"?! that's just ridiculous.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yup. Pretty much what roth said. Suicide is wrong but if you're going to do it you're going to do it. To do it on stage is sick and wrong though.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive been in a disbities comunty for a while now,and talked many people thru sad times what bothers me is people want to see this.

Saaby

Flashaholic
This person from here pretty much sums it up (As far as I'm concerned)

[ QUOTE ]
To watch anything lose its life is no form of entertainment. If this person wishes to end their life so be it, just don't sell tickets, and don't use it to promote a band. There is no justifying death as a form of entertainment. Enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you Roth.....it's a sick world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is suicide wrong, especially if you're terminally ill?

Fellas, it's time for a reality check, there was never going to be a live suicide, that would never happen. It's called FREE PUBLICITY, aka media stunt.

doubleganger

Enlightened
I believe that the right to end one's own life is just as valid as the right to defend one's own life. However, just as a mentally ill person would not be allowed to strike out at others while defending himself from non-existent threats, the mentally ill person should be restrained from suicide until such time as he is able to make a rational decision. And no, the wish to end one's life would not be de-facto proof of insanity.

There are many legitamate actions which as a society we have decided are not appropriate to be carried out in public or for profit. I think this would certainly qualify as belonging to that group.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the sort of sick thing that happens in a world that is already desensitized to just about every sick and mentally disturbing thing imaginable through TV and movies.

There is always some sicko out there trying to come up with something even more shocking that we have not already seen a thousand times over and it's getting to the point that there is nothing else left to shock people with. I believe that this is what has lead up to such a sick and depraved act as this.

It was sick enough when bands used to kill animals on stage for "entertainment". I guess now that that's already been done and people are already desensitized to that, these sickos are trying to take it up a notch.

I agree with what you said raggie33, I can't believe the world has come to this...

doubleganger

Enlightened
Speaking of killing animals on stage, at least some of them are faked. I receintly saw on a documentary that Ozzy Osbourne was biting the heads off fake bats on stage when a 'fan' threw a real one up. He didn't notice, bit the head off the real bat, and ended up in the hospital.

Which is worse, the individual sicko who comes up with the shocker, or the thousands of sickos who pay to see it? They wouldn't do the things if people didn't want to watch.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, who really believes it's going to be real instead of just a stunt? I know they promised that and all, but it is a publicity stunt in the first place.

They have succeeded in generating a LOT of publicity with this idea. Even if it never comes off (and it probably wont, even the staged version) they have succeeded because people get all up in arms about it.

What band kills animals on stage? This would be blatantly illigal and they would be in jail for cruelty to animals. There have been rumors that Marilyn Mansen killed puppies, but he never did. The only animal I know for sure was killed on stage was when Ozzy Ozborn bit the head off a bat. This story is OLD but it's true. He didn't mean to do it, he thought it was a rubber bat thrown up by the audience and not one stunned by the lights. I think he was more grosed out by it than anyone else at the concert and I believe when he tells the story he talks about getting shots afterward to keep from catching anything from it. He never did that again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
I agree totally, this is a publicity stunt.
Theres NO way in hell they are going to let this guy do this.

For one thing, its ILLEGAL to know someone is going to commit suicide, and let them do it. Just like, if you know a guy is going to rob your neighbor, and you dont call the cops, YOU will be brought up an charges also.

I dont agree with suicide, and dont think ppl should ever kill themselves. I know, some of them might have a "good" reason to do so. But, in my mind, it shows they are weak. They didnt have the willpower, guts, or self preservation to deal with their problems and not kill themselves.
But, its your life, waste it if you wish. Who am I to say you cant kill yourself.

I'll tell you one thing, the ppl that should be brought up on charges are the ppl in this band. Letting, and probably talking this guy into killing himself to promote their band. You have to be kidding me. I hope they throw all their stupid ***'s in jail for not trying to talk the guy OUT of it.

As doubleganger said,,,,, who's really the sickos here, the ppl making and letting it happen? Or the thousonds that will show up to watch cameras in hand?