New member with Thrunite Scorpion V2 question

lightside

Newly Enlightened
I've spent a lot of time on CPF since I started looking for my first quality light in May. My first purchase was a Jetbeam BA20. CPF has helped me a lot in deciding on what to buy. Since then I've also bought an ITP A3 EOS Upgrade R5 for my edc after reading many good reviews and love it. I am now looking for my first lithium-ion light and I think it is going to be the Scorpion V2. Is the Scorpion at goinggear.com definitely the new version? The description seems to be about the first version.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent them an email with the same question about 2 weeks ago. The description has not been updated but it is the V2.

lightside

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies. I did call and was told that it was the new version but the guy talked like the description was for the new version, which I'm sure it isn't. I just wanted to be sure because ordering from goinggear seems best for me.

dhonda

Newly Enlightened
I also was seriously considering this light until I read this thread Click Here. It might be a non-issue to you depending on your needs. IIRC, selfbuilt or another top poster referenced a work around in some thread. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it yet after an hour of searching.

Best of luck