Help me replace my EDC

imgadgetman2

Newly Enlightened
I currently carry an E1/Kl1 in my pocket. I am looking to replace it with 1w LS/one 123 battery/ and must be waterproof. I am considering an arc(I have a sls but not waterproof) but would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks'
imgadgetman/2

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Hmm, how about a TW4? That's my personal EDC light!

Dan

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i suggest the arc ls.
if you want a longer throwing arc than the lsl, get an lsh, or if you can afford a few extra $$$, get the lsh-premium for better tint and brightness.

all new arcs are rated to be 50ft waterproof, so you don't need to worry about water /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sf's aren't nearly as waterproof, but are at least splash resistant in most cases.

Lexus

Enlightened
I agree with Rothrandir: go for the Arc LSH-P if you can afford it. It's regulated and waterproof, the tw4 is only splash resistant and unregulated with one 123 batt AFAIK.

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened
I am currently carrying the L4 in a holstet and a 6P next to my wallet. Neither are waterproof and I would like to have a small waterproof led to slip in my pocket. The Arc LSH-P is in top running. But I would definately be interested in the McLux. Is it waterproof?
Thanks
imgadgetman

paulr

Flashaholic
McLux isn't exactly small. It's maybe the same size as an L4.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly how waterproof do you need? I thought the KL1/E1, L4 were all pretty reasonable in this department.

I don't get the impression that the Arc LS is that much more waterproof in construction.

Maybe I'm all wet.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand, but the construction is much the same. Note the difference between the M2 and M2N... Testing.

-john

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
John N said:

Exactly how waterproof do you need? I thought the KL1/E1, L4 were all pretty reasonable in this department.

I don't get the impression that the Arc LS is that much more waterproof in construction.

Maybe I'm all wet.

-john

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the big difference in my opinion, no matter what is advertised by each light. If your SureFire gets damaged by getting wet inside, they may or may not replace it free-of-charge. If your ARC gets damaged due to moisture, you're guaranteed Peter will replace it.