• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite Scorpion 2 & SolarForce Skyline 1 Hybrid!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Check it out! Check it out!

Go to go workout on on this tonight... :)

DSC_0270.jpg

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
That just screwed right on with no problems??? Give us a report please.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The heads are interchangeable...unfortunately they dont work great on each other without modification. I had a Skyline 1 with bad emitter so i decided to upgraded it to an SST-50. The beam was nice but then I accidentally dedome the sst50. Now the beam is ugly on the Skyline 1. Then one day when I decided to buy a turbo head for my TN so then I ended up with an extra original head. Coincidently it fit fine on the skyline 1 body. I modded aP60 refelctor to fit in the head and now I got a nice complete skyline1 body with Tn normal head. The Skyline big head screws into the TN body but it doesn't focus because the led doesn't quite reach the reflector. Anyhow, If you hate or broke your skyline one here is one thing u can do :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Of course I hvae doen this. :)

I just use a thin strong nail. I didnt care if I damage the driver as i swap out a new one with three mode. I also pulled out the XRE and threw it away. XML will not focus good in this reflector so don't try it. SST50 focus great...May be XPG....I also short the tailcap with aluminum foil do it bypass the circuit in the tail cap. Basically its a twisty now. I twist the tail cap for switch modes. :)

funkychateau

Enlightened
What do you push against, on which side of the cylindrical casing? Did you take any pictures while you had it apart?

I understand about the mode switching - 3 mode driver would go crazy if supplied by the PWM tailcap.

I'm not really looking to "mod" the light, just repair it. The silicone dome popped off my emitter and I glued it back, but if it comes off again I'll just rebuild the head completely.